Movie remakes of TV shows

Entertainment News Tuesday March 14th, 2006

"Dallas" Casting Heats Up"

20th Century Fox's film version of classic 80's soap "Dallas" with director Robert Luketic is heating up in the casting stakes reports Variety.

Jennifer Lopez has been offered the part of Sue Ellen Ewing, Luke Wilson is negotiating to play Bobby Ewing, John Travolta has an offer to star as J.R. Ewing and Shirley MacLaine is down for the part of Miss Ellie Ewing.

The infamous sudser chronicled the exploits of wealthy Texas oil millionaires and their shady business dealings and dysfunctional families. The series centered on the Ewing family, led by patriarch Jack Ewing, who started family corporation Ewing Oil.

If the deals come to fruition, production is likely to commence in October after Travolta has finished up a starring role in New Line Cinema's bigscreen version of Broadway hit "Hairspray".

Entertainment News Tuesday March 14th, 2006

"Dallas" Casting Heats Up"

20th Century Fox's film version of classic 80's soap "Dallas" with director Robert Luketic is heating up in the casting stakes reports Variety.

Jennifer Lopez has been offered the part of Sue Ellen Ewing, Luke Wilson is negotiating to play Bobby Ewing, John Travolta has an offer to star as J.R. Ewing and Shirley MacLaine is down for the part of Miss Ellie Ewing.

The infamous sudser chronicled the exploits of wealthy Texas oil millionaires and their shady business dealings and dysfunctional families. The series centered on the Ewing family, led by patriarch Jack Ewing, who started family corporation Ewing Oil.

If the deals come to fruition, production is likely to commence in October after Travolta has finished up a starring role in New Line Cinema's bigscreen version of Broadway hit "Hairspray".

629665[/snapback]

Oh good grief. The only reason I'd see this is because Luke Wilson may be in it.

:doh:

How long will people continue to go see these disasters?

629698[/snapback]

I think 'Dukes of Hazzard' did it for me.....no more!!

I am waiting for a "Good Times" remake, with Dave Chapelle as JJ! I am amazed it hasn't been thought of yet...or maybe do a white version of "Good Times", since they are filming an all-black version of "Welcome Back Kotter", with Ice Cube playing Kotter....for the love of god.........DYNO-MITE!!!!

:(

I am waiting for a "Good Times" remake, with Dave Chapelle as JJ!  I am amazed it hasn't been thought of yet...or maybe do a white version of "Good Times", since they are filming an all-black version of "Welcome Back Kotter", with Ice Cube playing Kotter....for the love of god.........DYNO-MITE!!!!

629737[/snapback]

I'd watch anything with Dave Chapelle in it

I am waiting for a "Good Times" remake, with Dave Chapelle as JJ!  I am amazed it hasn't been thought of yet...or maybe do a white version of "Good Times", since they are filming an all-black version of "Welcome Back Kotter", with Ice Cube playing Kotter....for the love of god.........DYNO-MITE!!!!

629737[/snapback]

I took too long looking for the link, and you beat me to the punch with the Kotter comment.

Oh well, at least I posted a link... :(

CW

I heard on the radio today that Ice Cube is going to star in a remake of Welcome Back Cotter...

I kid you not. :(

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.gossip....f9f4df12483df6e

CW

629739[/snapback]

Well, since Ice Cube singlehandedly ruined the XXX franchise - which I really though had potential, cause I enjoyed the first one - let's see how much of an embarrassment he can be playing Mr. Kotter :(

I took too long looking for the link, and you beat me to the punch with the Kotter comment.

Oh well, at least I posted a link... :(

CW

629745[/snapback]

You make more money than he does too..... :(

Well, since Ice Cube singlehandedly ruined the XXX franchise - which I really though had potential, cause I enjoyed the first one - let's see how much of an embarrassment he can be playing Mr. Kotter  :(

629746[/snapback]

Was there anything to ruin after Vin (I can't act) Diesel left? You mean to tell me Ice Cube was WORSE than Vin? Yikes!

Was there anything to ruin after Vin (I can't act) Diesel left?  You mean to tell me Ice Cube was WORSE than Vin?  Yikes!

629812[/snapback]

haha, I know it's not a very popular stance, but I'm a Vin Diesel fan.....I think that he and the Transporter guy are my two favorite action stars right now. The Transporter guys is HUGE badass, but the guy is hardly in any flicks....really disappointing. As for Diesel, I thought Fast and the Furious was AWESOME. Definitely one of my guilty pleasure movies....total guy flick. But yeah, Ice Cube just sucks.....and the second XXX film was embarrassing.

;)

629737[/snapback]

Sounds good, but shouldn't they have a white guy playing Freddie 'Boom Boom' Washington?

:doh:

See the pattern here?

Original CBS Friday Night lineup:

8pm:  Dukes Of Hazzard (remade as a movie)

9pm Dallas (remaking as a movie)

10pm Falcon Crest (is this show next???)

;)

630381[/snapback]

Morgan Fairchild has the second greatest nipples in the WORLD!

*looks around* :doh: