the sporting news profile of

frogger

Hands: Has soft hands and catches the ball well. Is a tenacious receiver. Has a big vertical leap. Wins jump balls and makes acrobatic catches. Grade: 8.3.

Patterns: Has a great understanding of the passing game. Knows how to beat man and zone coverage. Has elite speed for the position. Can stretch defenses but is willing to play in short and intermediate zones. Can turn short routes into long gains. Excels at running routes. Shows the burst to create separation in open field. Grade: 8.5.

Run after catch: Speed makes him a scoring threat any time he touches the ball. Is elusive; makes defenders miss. Can outrun most defenders. Grade: 8.5

Release: Is quick off the line and shows the burst to keep defenders away. Sometimes struggles if defenders lock on. Combination of quickness and athleticism creates mismatches. Grade: 7.9.

Blocking: His only weakness. Gets to the second level quickly but struggles to hit linebackers. Has great strength but does not use hands well and has trouble at the point of attack. Must improve technique. Would work best as an H-back or "move" tight end who won't need to block. Grade: 7.6.

Bottom line: A super athlete, Davis has prototypical size, strength and outstanding speed for his position. His playmaking ability is a result of great instincts, good attitude and a strong work ethic. With his physical attributes and skills, Davis, an early-entry junior, is the top tight end in this class and a potential top 15 pick.

But I thought TE was not an important position to need a guy like this for the bills? LOL

Blocking is his only weekness, and we bring in a TE whosd biggest strength is blocking? Coincidence??????? I hope not

Davis will give the bills the dominant TE that they have need for a long time, and Royal is a great blocker (from what I have read) that he is also an improvement for the o-line, but no one is willing to see that since we didn't overpay for Bentley