I know this isn't funny

VABills

heard it on stern, something aint right, if a train were barrelling down behind me as I was walking along tracks, she wouldn't have felt the vibrations with her, more than likely heightened, sense of other non-auditory senses. And another thing why would a deaf person put themselves in that position to be that close to train tracks.

but why am I laughing my ass off thinking of the irony.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/14/beauty.qu...h.ap/index.html

628676[/snapback]

heard it on stern, something aint right, if a train were barrelling down behind me as I was walking along tracks, she wouldn't have felt the vibrations with her, more than likely heightened, sense of other non-auditory senses.  And another thing why would a deaf person put themselves in that position to be that close to train tracks.

628701[/snapback]

Because life sucks when you're deaf??

Bingo, Pooj.......If you read a little further down the article it stated that she started at Gauludette (a college for the deaf in DC) in January, but had since come home. with no explanation. I don't want to speculate, oh hell yes I do, I think it would be resonable for the police to look for a suicide note.

Oh and VA......I completly understand! :P

Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, was walking Monday NEAR railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train

'Near' the tracks? Unless 'near' constitutes like one foot, I assume she was walking ON the tracks.

I'm not an expert, but I assume those trains are pretty good at following the tracks & not deviating too much. :P