Need help from Tennesseeans

driving to memphis starting thursday evening, figure I can make it knoxville area in 6 hours, where is a good brewpub in the knoxville area to catch the cuse game at 9.40 PM. also can anyone recommend a good brewpub to hit in memphis?

Kingston Alley Grill & Ale House 7355 Kingston Pk., 766-0464. Fresh baked bread and beef ground in-house. Sporting events on state-of-the-art TVs, game room, pool tables.

Runs Parallel to 40. If you had more time you might want to stop in Gatlinburg or Pigeon forge. Kids love Dollywood. If you stop early in Johnson City go to Bailey's on North Roan. I'll probably pass you as I'm headed up to Albany. The Kingston Pike runs parallel to 40 so you'll have an easy on and an easy off, and there are plenty of good hotels along the route.

Kingston Alley Grill & Ale House 7355 Kingston Pk., 766-0464. Fresh baked bread and beef ground in-house. Sporting events on state-of-the-art TVs, game room, pool tables.

Runs Parallel to 40.  If you had more time you might want to stop in Gatlinburg or Pigeon forge.  Kids love Dollywood.  If you stop early in Johnson City go to Bailey's on North Roan.  I'll probably pass you as I'm headed up to Albany.  The Kingston Pike runs parallel to 40 so you'll have an easy on and an easy off, and there are plenty of good hotels along the route.

628358[/snapback]

Pooj take this advice at your own risk. This poster is known to have bouts of feeling smarter then he really is, actually thinking that Al Gore is president, and thinking Hillary is good for this country. :(

That's considerably more realistic than letting Dubai run my ports, screwing up the middle east and our economy with a unwarranted and unwinnable war, failing to deal with a natural disaster and mistaking old conservative republican lawyers for a little bird. :(

That's considerably more realistic than letting Dubai run my ports, screwing up the middle east and our economy with a unwarranted and unwinnable war, failing to deal with a natural disaster and mistaking old conservative republican lawyers for a little bird. :(

628365[/snapback]

"Statement on Indictments of Four General Assembly Members

05/26/2005

Governor Phil Bredesen today released the following statement in a morning news conference, following the indictments and arrests of four members of the Tennessee General Assembly:

"At 6:00 this morning I was briefed by the FBI, the U.S. Attorney and the TBI regarding the arrests that were to take place. I know that the U.S. Attorney has conducted a news conference in Memphis in the late morning to brief the press and public of the details of their investigation and arrests.

"As you now know, four members of the General Assembly — Senators John Ford, Kathryn Bowers and Ward Crutchfield, and Representative Chris Newton, together with a former Senator, Roscoe Dixon — have been arrested by federal authorities and charged with violations of the Hobbs Act and other federal laws. Other individuals not a part of the legislature were arrested also."

:(

Runs Parallel to 40.  If you had more time you might want to stop in Gatlinburg or Pigeon forge.  Kids love Dollywood.  If you stop early in Johnson City go to Bailey's on North Roan.  I'll probably pass you as I'm headed up to Albany.  The Kingston Pike runs parallel to 40 so you'll have an easy on and an easy off, and there are plenty of good hotels along the route.

628358[/snapback]

I like baileys........as long as u can block out the loudness haha

bushie's advisor

"Statement on Indictments of Four General Assembly Members

05/26/2005

Governor Phil Bredesen today released the following statement in a morning news conference, following the indictments and arrests of four members of the Tennessee General Assembly:

"At 6:00 this morning I was briefed by the FBI, the U.S. Attorney and the TBI regarding the arrests that were to take place. I know that the U.S. Attorney has conducted a news conference in Memphis in the late morning to brief the press and public of the details of their investigation and arrests.

"As you now know, four members of the General Assembly — Senators John Ford, Kathryn Bowers and Ward Crutchfield, and Representative Chris Newton, together with a former Senator, Roscoe Dixon — have been arrested by federal authorities and charged with violations of the Hobbs Act and other federal laws. Other individuals not a part of the legislature were arrested also."

:P

628417[/snapback]

OH NO....that's almost as bad as your "family values" domestic advisor charged with felony fraud :P

bushie's advisor

OH NO....that's almost as bad as your "family values" domestic advisor charged with felony fraud :P

628673[/snapback]

Or good 'ol Frank Gore... :lol::lol:

How are Tenessesee's GOP Senators and state senate treating you these days? Seems you are becoming an endangered species there. Maybe they will take away your sinecure some day??? :P

pretty well, actually. New Pharmacy school opening up next year (grads going at $60,000 per if your kids are looking for high paying career). and two new buildings. Biggest employer in the area so we get along just fine with the legislators. Also lead the state after UT in private fundraising and have close relationships with the feds through the Teague-Cranston medical school and having the VA at Rocky Mount right across the street. All of which lead to complex legal issues, which provide job security for me. You forget that problems are like mother's milk to those in my line of work.

pretty well, actually.  New Pharmacy school opening up next year (grads going at $60,000 per if your kids are looking for high paying career). and two new buildings. Biggest employer in the area so we get along just fine with the legislators. Also lead the state after UT in private fundraising and have close relationships with the feds through the Teague-Cranston medical school and having the VA at Rocky Mount right across the street.  All of which lead to complex legal issues, which provide job security for me.  You forget that problems are like mother's milk to those in my line of work.

628882[/snapback]

So the States' goal is to provide money to Tenny so he can get more pleasures than one man could ever need, while the poor continue in their plight? :P

You liberals...the facade and good feelings towards mankind crashes when it comes to your own pocketbook, doesn't it?... :P

Nonsense. The smartest thing Tennessee does is fund higher education so that we can improve the economic status of the Tennesseeans who attend our reasonably priced state university, improve the economy (Our Research Corporation which I was instrumental in founding, has already funded six highly profitable high tech businesses, and we have over 25 patents we are working on which result in improved employment and quality of life for East Tennesseeans) Provided needed professionals (physicians, physical therapists, now pharmacists in addition to MBA's MPA's and Nurses. As a product of a state university, and having dedicated ost of my professional life to working and advancing state universities, I know for a fact that their support is the wisest allocation of state dollars. Most Tennessee legislators agree with this.

B]All of which lead to complex legal issues, which provide job security for me.  You forget that problems are like mother's milk to those in my line of work.[/b]

628882[/snapback]

But, but, but...

Ask not what government can do for you,

Ask what government can do for Tenny.

:P

no no no grasshopper. The problems are endemic to all great enterprises. Persons are needed who resolve those problems and help achieve legitimate goals for the common good. I teach law students each year to understand that the good of the client is the paramount. I am a mere cog in a well run machine. Its not what the government or education does for me stuck, my boy, its what I do for the people. Who the heck do you think I am...Haliburton? :doh:

no no no grasshopper.  The problems are endemic to all great enterprises. Persons are needed who resolve those problems and help achieve legitimate goals for the common good.  I teach law students each year to understand that the good of the client is the paramount.  I am a mere cog in a well run machine.  Its not what the government or education does for me stuck, my boy, its what I do for the people.  Who the heck do you think I am...Haliburton? :doh:

629202[/snapback]

You have better shields than Captains Kirk and Picard's starships combined. :doh:

Come, come, tinny...er, tenny. The whole idea of liberalsim is to put forth a patina of concern, and use government and laws to fatten the personal pocket, and tell any and all what a fine caring soul they are, and always assume they are the sophisticated ones.

I think you are the Rose Law Firm. :lol:

nah...i'm a salaried state employee...no contingency fees, no cost plus contracts, no in with a hopeless hunter vice president. More like Mother Teresa than the RNC.

629290[/snapback]

Sorry for my rambuctious behavior, tenny. I think the world of what you do for the folks of eastern Tenn...back to square one? Yes? No?

When I visit my kid at UT in Knoxville, I like to go to the Tennessee Grill right across the street from the stadium and it sits on the Tennesse River..very nice view and there is a TV at the bar.

For Brew Pubs in Memphis, visit Boscos Brew Pub or The Flying Saucer

Boscos:

www.boscosbeer.com

Flying Saucer:

http://www.beerknurd.com/

DGW in Memphis