Williams, Teague, Denny, Reed etc.

puppet

I'm suprised I haven't heard of any of these guys getting looks.  Maybe we're not losing too much.

628273[/snapback]

Reed has been talked to by Miami.

Williams is talking to Houston.

I haven't heard anything on Denny or Teague.

Denney is going to be signed. He is a fairly good player at a hard position at which to find talent. I hope that he remains a Bill.

628292[/snapback]

I do as well. RD has made great progression in the last few years. He is solid against the run and his pass rushing is coming along.

I think Denny made such a bad first impression when he was not even able to be made activite initially because he apparently had a technical flaw in how he came up from a three or point stance that he was easily neutralized by even a rookie blocker that he had to go back to the drawing board.

He changed the manner that he held his body or bent his knees upon the first hit and could actually hold his own by the end of his first season, but the damage was done in terms of his rep as a productive Bills for many fans,

In addition, since TD had to trade up in the draft to select him when Pittsbirgh was on the phone with him saying they would take him the pick after next, the folks who were after TD's hide adopted the mantra that TD was a fool to spend extra resources to get him.

Actually. iMHO it was an impressive move set-up by TD to compensate for several events:

A. He did stupidly hire GW who stupidly switched us from a 3-4 to a 4-3 at exactly the same time we were in a two year process of losing 3 DEs (Hansen, Wiley, Bruce) and Big Ted to retirement, FA and as cap casualties. Expanding our DL need to 4 while undergoing the losses are a problem we are still coping with and picking a DE capable of starting was a huge need.

B. Further, TD could not resist picking a projected first rounder Reed with our 2nd round pick even though we seemingly we set at WR with Moulds/PP. This made trading up in the 2nd essential. The Reed pick obviously did not work out (though it looked brilliant for a year as Reed had a very good rookie year and produced credibly enough to make it justifiable to tag PP and let him go for a draft pick which replaced the one given up for Bledsoe and actually turned into WM.

However, as Reed developed the droppsies and then got hurt, the dislike of Denney was reinforced for many as we needed to spend to move up to get him because the 2nd was used on Reed rather than a DE. The fact this idea was a rational move at the time that even worked out for a season is overlooked by folks so set on savaging TD they interpret everything he did in the worse light and paint all players he acquired as total idiots,

TD deserved to be canned for lots of mistakes and reasons. However, Denny solved his original problems and really stepped up and contributed for this team and picking him in itself was not a bad move.

Denney is going to be signed. He is a fairly good player at a hard position at which to find talent. I hope that he remains a Bill.

628292[/snapback]

He's Ostroski without the 'ski. :(

He's Ostroski without the 'ski.  :(

628434[/snapback]

Wow, you think he is THAT bad? :(

I am not in any way saying that he is great. He does lack a full step in terms of speed, but he plays hard, and is entering his prime.

It would be interesting to see if his pass rush improves playing next to a DT who can sack the quarterback.

Wow, you think he is THAT bad?  :(

I am not in any way saying that he is great. He does lack a full step in terms of speed, but he plays hard, and is entering his prime.

It would be interesting to see if his pass rush improves playing next to a DT who can sack the quarterback.

628441[/snapback]

Denney is a competent #3 or 4 lineman whio can give the starter a break on a play or two. He's this decade's version of Shawn Price.