Interesting Post on Comp Picks

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163280

If this guy is correct, and people over there seem to think he is pretty accurate based on past results, the bills stand to only get a 7th round pick from last season

628036[/snapback]

Hard to believe that we can lose both Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings and only get a 7th rd. pick. The guy did come pretty close last year but I hope he is off the mark with the bills this year.

Hard to believe that we can lose both Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings and only get a 7th rd. pick.  The guy did come pretty close last year but I hope he is off the mark with the bills this year.

628093[/snapback]

The Bills haven't fared too well with regard to receiving comp picks. Basically, Jennings and Williams were each $5M per year acquisitions for SF and Minnesota, while Bennie and Holcomb were about $5M per combined. If that's too close to qualify for a mid round comp pick, the system isn't working. It's time to get rid of comp picks anyway, I thought they were going to phase them out?

The Bills haven't fared too well with regard to receiving comp picks.  Basically, Jennings and Williams were each $5M per year acquisitions for SF and Minnesota, while Bennie and Holcomb were about $5M per combined.  If that's too close to qualify for a mid round comp pick, the system isn't working.  It's time to get rid of comp picks anyway, I thought they were going to phase them out?

628107[/snapback]

I think it has to do with salary signed for, plus playing time, plus performance on the field. So Pat Williams would be worth quite a bit but Jennings drags that down because even though the salary was high, he only started two games I think and was a non-factor. Holcomb wasnt expected to play but he ended up playing half the season. I would think we may get a 5th rounder.