Badmouthing Our FAs?

Okay, I've read quite a few posts that rip our new FAs. While I agree that Royal and Davis may not offer too much help and are questionable, we should not rip Tripplett. Anyone who watched him play this past year KNOWS he is a definite upgrade over fat-slow-takes himself out of the play Sam Adams. Tripplett is a DT more in the mold historically of Tampa Bays type of DT. Quicker, lighter, more of a penetrator (I know, penetrator jokes to follow).

So, it can be argued Marv has upgraded DT, TE and WR.

Tripplett > Adams

Royal > Campbell

Davis > Reed

While some would argue the above point, It is a FACT that Marv has upgraded team speed. Adams, Reed and Campbell were all as slow as rush-hour traffic.

Okay, I've read quite a few posts that rip our new FAs. While I agree that Royal and Davis may not offer too much help and are questionable, we should not rip Tripplett. Anyone who watched him play this past year KNOWS he is a definite upgrade over fat-slow-takes himself out of the play Sam Adams. Tripplett is a DT more in the mold historically of Tampa Bays type of DT. Quicker, lighter, more of a penetrator (I know, penetrator jokes to follow).

So, it can be argued Marv has upgraded DT, TE and WR.

Tripplett > Adams

Royal > Campbell

Davis > Reed

While some would argue the above point, It is a FACT that Marv has upgraded team speed.  Adams, Reed and Campbell were all as slow as rush-hour traffic.

627846[/snapback]

Great, so we replaced three guys that are rarely on the field making impacts. Whoop-dee-friggin-doo. A cardboard cutout of Lonnie Johnson could have been > than our TE's.

The bigger questions are:

Who is > than......

??? > Gandy

??? > Teague

??? > Villarial

??? > Peters

??? > Anderson / other goofs on the roster

??? > Kelsay

??? > Edwards / Anderson / Bannan

Triplett > Adams? We'll see. Triplett was a bad player against the run in Indy

Again, the guys that need replaced and who actually impact the game haven't been touched yet.

Great, so we replaced three guys that are rarely on the field making impacts.  Whoop-dee-friggin-doo.  A cardboard cutout of Lonnie Johnson could have been > than our TE's. 

The bigger questions are:

Who is > than......

??? > Gandy

??? > Teague

??? > Villarial

??? > Peters

??? > Anderson / other goofs on the roster

??? > Kelsay

??? > Edwards / Anderson / Bannan

Triplett > Adams?  We'll see.  Triplett was a bad player against the run in Indy

Again, the guys that need replaced and who actually impact the game haven't been touched yet.

627877[/snapback]

I'd say Adams, Reed and Campbell all needed to be replaced. Am I in the minority thinking that?