Clayton on ESPNnews.. if N.O. gets Brees

Said if their QB issues are solved, they will take the best player available on defense and will draft Mario Williams. Although its by no means set in stone, I think we all probably agree with this (at least I do). Just for all you who had hopes of some how landing Super Mario, doesn't seem like he will make it out of the top 3 now let alone the top 5.

It is a John Clayton report?

Next thread  :mellow:

627813[/snapback]

I agee that he's a dumbass...remember according to Clayton we HAD to make a decision by midnight before Free Agency started on Moulds but IMHO this makes sense for the Saints so I could see it happening.

I agee that he's a dumbass...remember according to Clayton we HAD to make a decision by midnight before Free Agency started on Moulds but IMHO this makes sense for the Saints so I could see it happening.

627848[/snapback]

And Jim Fassell was a shoe-in to be the Bills coach in 2004...and LeCharles Bentley was almost certian to sign with the Eagles...

Clayton<SOPRANO :mellow:

Why does it make sense for the Saints?  Again,  they have two recent,  productive 1st round picks at DE.

627852[/snapback]

Grant has been pretty productive in the past but only had something like 3 sacks last year. They also just lost Daren Howard to Philly. I think the theory here is that Mario is such a dynamic player, you don't pass on him on defense. Like Clements22 said it is Clayton so take it with a grain of salt.

Barring any trades, I think he'll most likely go 6th, though Tennesse might pick him at 3. The Jets, Packers, and Saints seem to be set at DE to me. If I'm right, I'd like to see the Bills try to make a move up the board to take him at 5.