Interesting CBA Stat

Salary Cap: $102 million per team

TV Revenue: $100 million per team

So every team gets a check for 100 million dollars. Essentially the team roster is paid for. Everythign else they make on ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorships, thats all gravy. I dont buy for a second that the NFL owners are getting a raw deal here.

So every team gets a check for 100 million dollars.  Essentially the team roster is paid for.  Everythign else they make on ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorships, thats all gravy.  I dont buy for a second that the NFL owners are getting a raw deal here.

627672[/snapback]

the 102 million is for players alone. Now add in the cost of coaches, trainers, equipment, lease deals, advertising, maintnance, stadium upgrades, upfront bonus money, and dreaded taxes(which NY has some of the highest in the country-Texas has no state Tax I wonder If Mr. Jones thought about that.) all of a sudden you are not making that much. The list goes on and on, not even mentioning that owners pay for the players 401ks which i believe they match, then NFL players like everyone else gets a pension. Not alot of buisnesses give employees 60% of the intake.Not trying to side with Billionaires just saying there is three sides to every story, yours, mine, and the truth

So every team gets a check for 100 million dollars.  Essentially the team roster is paid for.  Everythign else they make on ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorships, thats all gravy.  I dont buy for a second that the NFL owners are getting a raw deal here.

627672[/snapback]

Exactly. I had read figures about the TV contracts that said each team gets 116 million before the season. Plus, a certain amount of that money is surely paid before September of the season. I would bet on it. So the clubs get millions and millions in cash, that is cash, that they are not spending on the players early in the year. Can you say it's a bunch of horse hockey that Ralph can't splurge for multi-million dollar bonuses because he's cash strapped?