If Holcomb is allowed to recruit receivers

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay

This isn't an anti- or pro- Holcomb post.

But because it involves him, I'll use him in the discussion.

I don't think it was wise that Levy allowed, and perhaps encouraged, Holcomb to recruit Davis. Davis now joins the club with an allegiance to one QB over the other. How's that a good thing for team chemistry?

I don't think it was wise that Levy allowed, and perhaps encouraged, Holcomb to recruit Davis.  Davis now joins the club with an allegiance to one QB over the other.  How's that a good thing for team chemistry?

627068[/snapback]

I woud not read too much in to the Holcomb-Davis connection. I'm sure they are buddies and Davis probably asked Kelly a lot of questions about the team and city before signing, Nothing more. If Andre reads the papers, he knows that Kelly is not guarenteed to be starter.

PTR

I don't think it was wise that Levy allowed, and perhaps encouraged, Holcomb to recruit Davis.  Davis now joins the club with an allegiance to one QB over the other.  How's that a good thing for team chemistry?

627068[/snapback]

He probably had more questions about the city and the organization than anything else. I think the media might have blown this out of proportion, much like they did with Levy's relationship to Juaron in Chicago or the Ivy league connection.

Davis is a WR that averages over 20 yards a reception and Holcomb is a QB that can't throw it the ball 20 yards down field.  I don't think Davis is going to prefer Holcomb.

627220[/snapback]

Yeah cause you know he didnt put up stats with kelly holcomb or anything :D

like in 2002

Andre Davis | 16 | 3 7 2.3 0 | 37 420 11.4 6

or 2003

Andre Davis | 16 | 5 28 5.6 0 | 40 576 14.4 5

but lets not let a silly thing like stats get in the way of a good kelly holcomb bashing :)

Davis only signed for 1 year, $.5M bonus & $.8M base....

It remains to be seen whether he even makes this team at all, let alone be a major factor as to who the QB starter is. Not slamming the signing, but it is what it is.

Yeah cause you know he didnt put up stats with kelly holcomb or anything :w00t:

like in 2002

Andre Davis          | 16 |    3    7  2.3  0  |  37  420  11.4  6

or 2003

Andre Davis          | 16 |    5    28  5.6  0  |  40  576  14.4  5

but lets not let a silly thing like stats get in the way of a good kelly holcomb bashing :)

627237[/snapback]

Because those numbers right there seal the deal.... :D

Goooooo Cap'n DinkandDuck

It remains to be seen whether he even makes this team at all, let alone be a major factor as to who the QB starter is. Not slamming the signing, but it is what it is.

627245[/snapback]

Well, it seems pretty certain Josh Reed won't be back. So, with Moulds' staus not finalized yet, that would leave only Aiken, Parrish and Freddie Smith with Evans. I think Davis makes the team, even as the #4 receiver.

627245[/snapback]

Bingo. He signed for peanuts. He could very well be cut in camp or 4th string. Wonder if he can play ST?

Bingo.  He signed for peanuts.  He could very well be cut in camp or 4th string.  Wonder if he can play ST?

627555[/snapback]

he excelled at them with the pats...that is why they traded for him.

he excelled at them with the pats...that is why they traded for him.

627560[/snapback]

OK, so this is an experienced guy who fits right in on ST and provides additional speed in 4-WR sets. For a bargain basement rate.

Somebody tell me again why we would complain about this move?

Yeah cause you know he didnt put up stats with kelly holcomb or anything :P

like in 2002

Andre Davis          | 16 |    3     7   2.3   0  |   37   420  11.4   6

or 2003

Andre Davis          | 16 |    5    28   5.6   0  |   40   576  14.4   5

but lets not let a silly thing like stats get in the way of a good kelly holcomb bashing :mellow:

627237[/snapback]

Actually, Couch QB'd games, during both them years.

I guarantee you Holcomb didn't help him put up them monster numbers ( :o ), by himself.

Actually,  Couch QB'd games,  during both them years.

I guarantee you Holcomb didn't help him put up them monster numbers ( :mellow: ),  by himself.

627665[/snapback]

Considering he wasnt their top receiver I think they're pretty decent #'s. I just dont understand the Holcomb bashing. So What he doesnt have a strong arm. If thats what you need to be a good qb lets go sign Jeff George. I dont think he's doing much these days. I'd rather my qb be efficient then just have a roket arm cause big plays look pretty.

Considering he wasnt their top receiver  I think they're pretty decent #'s.  I just dont understand  the Holcomb bashing.  So What he doesnt have a strong arm.  If thats what you need to be a good qb lets go sign Jeff George. I dont think he's doing much these days.  I'd rather my qb be efficient  then just have a roket arm cause big plays look pretty.

627675[/snapback]

I dont recall too many big plays out of Cap'n Dinkandduck....oh wait you mean that one fake sneak pass to shelton....that was pretty big, or the 3 yard out on 3rd and 8 with the game on the line...that was pretty big too....for the opposing teams.

Considering he wasnt their top receiver  I think they're pretty decent #'s.  I just dont understand  the Holcomb bashing.  So What he doesnt have a strong arm.  If thats what you need to be a good qb lets go sign Jeff George. I dont think he's doing much these days.  I'd rather my qb be efficient  then just have a roket arm cause big plays look pretty.

627675[/snapback]

I`m with ya on this one. Go Joe Montania

Considering he wasnt their top receiver  I think they're pretty decent #'s.  I just dont understand  the Holcomb bashing.  So What he doesnt have a strong arm.  If thats what you need to be a good qb lets go sign Jeff George. I dont think he's doing much these days.   I'd rather my qb be efficient  then just have a roket arm cause big plays look pretty.

627675[/snapback]

I didn't say anything about Holcomb's arm, or lack of one.

Was just letting you know the facts.

I don't need a QB who has a big arm, but I would like one with some balls.

Holcomb has neither, end of story.