Trade up for DBRICK!!!

If the Bills sign Ryan Pickett, I think they should trade up to draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I think they should do this becuase no other FA tackles can compare to D'Brick. Also, if Pickett is signed the only pick I think the Bills would make at #8 would be Michael Huff. With that being said here are a couple of trades I can see them making to go up into the top 5 and draft D'BRICK:

1.) Give up the #8 pick and our 2nd round pick to NYJ for the #4 pick.

2.) Give up he #8 pick, Nate Clements, and both 3rds to NYJ for the #4 pick and John Abraham.

If the Bills sign Ryan Pickett, I think they should trade up to draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson.  I think they should do this becuase no other FA tackles can compare to D'Brick.  Also, if Pickett is signed the only pick I think the Bills would make at #8 would be Michael Huff.  With that being said here are a couple of trades I can see them making to go up into the top 5 and draft D'BRICK:

2.) Give up he #8 pick, Nate Clements, and both 3rds to NYJ for the #4 pick and John Abraham.

626961[/snapback]

I don't want a trade up unless it is for Super Mario. I want a swarming, fast, athletic, nasty defense. A dominating D will help our O more than a rookie OT.

If the Bills sign Ryan Pickett, I think they should trade up to draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson.  I think they should do this becuase no other FA tackles can compare to D'Brick.  Also, if Pickett is signed the only pick I think the Bills would make at #8 would be Michael Huff.  With that being said here are a couple of trades I can see them making to go up into the top 5 and draft D'BRICK:

626961[/snapback]

NO!!!

626961[/snapback]

I don't believe that this is a good idea.

It's very high the price !!! :(

hi dad! paychex rox!

626961[/snapback]

Maybe give the Jets our 3rd round pick instead of the second, and that could be a good idea. In round 2, a DT, G or C would be nice.

hi dad! paychex rox!

626961[/snapback]

I like scenario #1. The problem is, the jests wouldn't do it. The price would be higher than that imo.

As for the Bills selecting Huff, I think that you are correct. :)

Huff could be as good as Ronnie Lott (highly doubtful), and it would make little difference. The Bills cannot block, and their ability to do so seems to hinge on whether or not Peters can play LT. I for one think that this is a distinct possibility, but it is far from certain.

I would be very happy to see the Bills trade down. There might be a qb available that teams would overpay for. Under any conditions, the Bills need a RT, LG, another DT, and probably a RG.

Selecting a safety at #8 would be an act of stupidity imo. Every position is important, but we currently suck, and as far as I am concerned, we just don't own the status of a football team that can take a chance on a safety, or any defensive back at #8. We DID get Clements at #21. The thing is, Marv has a history of taking DBs with the #1 selection. :D

In any event, GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like scenario #1. The problem is, the jests wouldn't do it. The price would be higher than that imo.

As for the Bills selecting Huff, I think that you are correct.  :mellow:

Huff could be as good as Ronnie Lott (highly doubtful), and it would make little difference. The Bills cannot block, and their ability to do so seems to hinge on whether or not Peters can play LT. I for one think that this is a distinct possibility, but it is far from certain.

I would be very happy to see the Bills trade down. There might be a qb available that teams would overpay for. Under any conditions, the Bills need a RT, LG, another DT, and probably a RG.

Selecting a safety at #8 would be an act of stupidity imo. Every position is important, but we currently suck, and as far as I am concerned, we just don't own the status of a football team that can take a chance on a safety, or any defensive back at #8. We DID get Clements at #21. The thing is, Marv has a history of taking DBs with the #1 selection.  :P

In any event, GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

627624[/snapback]

All is not lost, William.

If we can come out of free agency w/ the help we need up front in terms of stuffing the run and also in terms of protecting our QB, I'd be okay w/ getting a playmaker for our secondary. It's far too early to tell, but I don't know just how far down the Bills can trade and still land a solid pass rusher like Hali, and I'm not sold on the other first round OTs like Winston Justice (overrated) and Marcus McNeill (overweight). Now, if there's a possibility of trading down a few spots (enabling us to get a guy like Hali) while also getting good value for the move in terms of a decent draft pick, I'm all for it. What I hope doesn't happen w/ the #8 overall pick is that we take a player @ the same position that we've addressed in free agency (possibly TWICE), leaving us to do w/ the secondary (or the pass rush) what we've done w/ the lines in years past: hope for the best in later rounds.

Unless Ferguson or Mario Williams fall to #8, I say take Winston Justice. Too high ? Very athletic... finishes off his blocks. We get to watch replays of USC and UCLA games here on the Left Coast. Just say nada to Ngata and Huff oh and a big no to Bunkley. He got stopped consistently .... Don't care about the reps at the combine if you can't get past the O'lineman with the pads on, on game day. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

The only player I'd be willing to trade up for is Mario Williams. If they can sign another starter or two at need positions, I'll be 100% behind a move up the board to select him, even at the very high cost of trading up into the top 5.

The only player I'd be willing to trade up for is Mario Williams.  If they can sign another starter or two at need positions,  I'll be 100% behind a move up the board to select him,  even at the very high cost of trading up into the top 5.

627717[/snapback]

I do like Super Mario. I think he can be a true impact player for a defense.

For instance, let's examine the trade last season between the Cowboys and Chiefs. Kansas City wanted to move up two spots, from the eighth overall pick to the sixth overall pick, in order to get defensive tackle Ryan Sims. I would imagine the deal was done hours, if not days, before the draft -- but contingent on Sims still being available when it was time for Dallas to pick.

As for the compensation, the Chiefs gave Dallas their third-round pick plus a sixth-rounder in this year's draft in exchange for moving up two spots.

We'd be giving up one of our 2 Round 3's (most likely 3A) to the 49'ers to jump to #6 and get Mario. This means we're still looking for OT, OG, and S with one less pick.

We'd also have to make that pick after the Jets pick at #4, b/c they may take him too:

1 TEXANS RB *Reggie Bush USC

2 SAINTS QB Matt Leinart USC

3 TITANS OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson Virginia

4 JETS DE *Mario Williams North Carolina St

In that scenario, I'd stay put and take Ngata or Vernon Davis.

We'd be giving up one of our 2 Round 3's (most likely 3A) to the 49'ers to jump to #6 and get Mario. This means we're still looking for OT, OG, and S with one less pick.

We'd also have to make that pick after the Jets pick at #4, b/c they may take him too:

1  TEXANS  RB  *Reggie Bush  USC

2  SAINTS  QB  Matt Leinart  USC

3  TITANS  OT  D'Brickashaw Ferguson  Virginia

4  JETS  DE  *Mario Williams  North Carolina St

In that scenario, I'd stay put and take Ngata or Vernon Davis.

627775[/snapback]

I could live with giving up a 3rd (or more) for perhaps the best DE prospect in a decade. The Bills defense won't be good until they can sustain a consistent pass rush from only their front four. That is especially true in a cover 2 scheme where you don't blitz that much. And I'm just sick and tired of seeing almost every opposing QB have all day to throw and pick our secondary apart.

If you really wanted to replace that day 1 pick you lose, there are ways to do it. They could probably recover a 3rd by trading down in R2. Or, they could trade next year's #1 for a 2nd this year. Myself, I'd probably just be content with losing the pick in the trade up.

hi dad! paychex rox!

626961[/snapback]

I'll say this till I'm blue in the face, if the Bills Trade up and give up Premium Draft Picks I will projectile vomit...

Too many Needs on this Roster...I don't care who the Bills Pick up in Free Agency, it is not enough...The Bills Need Talent and Depth in abundance...

A Trade Down to stockpile Picks would be a MUCH better move based on this Roster currently...Look at how the Pats built that Team...More Picks, get em' right, build Depth, and build it through the Draft...A move or two and Buffalo could Pick 7 times in the Top #110...I mean...I know you gotta get em' right...But I'll take that Path every time... :mellow:

If we traded up for Mario, I'd do this:

1-Mario Williams DE

2-Trade Down for late 2nd and a mid 4th (ours= 480 pts., theirs= 380+100)

2-Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas or Gabe Watson DT, Michigan

3-Andrew Whitworth, OT

3-Greg Blue S

4-Terna Nande OLB---benches 520, squats 620 and a 4.43 time in the 40

4-Matt Lentz OG-Michigan

5-Travis Wilson, Fullback 6'3½, 256

6-Cedric Humes, RB-----233 lbs. Va.Tech

7-E.J. Whitley, RT -Texas Tech or Ashlan Davis KR, Tulsa

Unless Ferguson or Mario Williams fall to #8, I say take Winston Justice.  Too high ? Very athletic... finishes off his blocks.  We get to watch replays of USC and UCLA games here on the Left Coast.  Just say nada to Ngata and Huff oh and a big no to Bunkley. He got stopped consistently .... Don't care about the reps at the combine if you can't get past the O'lineman with the pads on, on game day.  Just my 2 cents.  Thanks.

627701[/snapback]

Too high because he played RT at USC and likely will play RT in the NFL.