And while hands are wrung...

I'll be wringing my hands over my private life as long the government can eavesdrop on me without a warrant. The administration STILL has no justification for their unconstitutional eavesdropping. None.

You can't google my telephone calls. You can't google my personal emails.

I'll be wringing my hands over my private life as long the government can eavesdrop on me without a warrant. The administration STILL has no justification for their unconstitutional eavesdropping. None.

627354[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=623160

627354[/snapback]

So. You have something to hide?

Maybe the good part is is that a few less 50 year olds are chatting with 14 year old girls.

So. You have something to hide?

Maybe the good part is is that a few less 50 year olds are chatting with 14 year old girls.

627422[/snapback]

The whole logic behind the "If you don't have something to hide, who cares if the government listens in" argument is, to be honest, very underwhelming.

Its more of a police state then anything if that happens, and the ramifications are pretty large.

Don't bother, just Google.

If anyone really feels like they have a private life, I have a bridge over the Potomac.

626869[/snapback]

Getting back on topic....

CHICAGO — The identities of 2,600 CIA employees and the locations of two dozen of the agency's covert workplaces in the United States can be found easily through Internet searches, according to an investigation by the Chicago Tribune.

The newspaper obtained the information from data providers who charge fees for access to public records and reported on its findings in Sunday editions. It did not publish the identities or other details on its searches, citing concern it could endanger the CIA employees.

What a crack intelligence service we have. This story is as impressive as the one about "covert" agents checking into hotels under their real names so that they'd qualify for VIP points or whatever (same thing with frequent flyer miles).

The whole logic behind the "If you don't have something to hide, who cares if the government listens in" argument is, to be honest, very underwhelming.

Its more of a police state then anything if that happens, and the ramifications are pretty large.

627452[/snapback]

I for one just want hypocritical law and order Republicans to follow the law.

Mickey help me out but I think Feingold is correct and is on the floor of the Senate introducing a resolution of cencure of the President for unilaterally breaking the FISA law, claiming executive priviledge, in violation of the National Security Act.

If nothing else, this should be a really interesting political fight in the Senate, especially considering that Frist just attempted to deny Feingold the right to introduce this resolution.

Naw, can't put Republicans on record acknowledging Bush violated the law.

Check out CSPAN now!

Seriously, I know it is somewhat off topic...P.S. I agree for once with Silver n Red!

Bingo.

628023[/snapback]

Principles?

How many "illegal" things do you think are going on at any given moment within the government, police departments, private businesses, zoo keepers conventions, railroad stations, etc. ?

Why pick on this one?

Principles?

How many "illegal" things do you think are going on at any given moment within the government, police departments, private businesses, zoo keepers conventions, railroad stations, etc. ?

Why pick on this one?

628025[/snapback]

I love your cynacism and knowing the folks I know on both sides of the aisle, lobbyists, business men etc, I unfortunately would have to agree with you. However, that is not to say that there aren't a number of folks that do follow the letter and try to follow the spirit of the law. But man there are a lot of crap heads out there.

I love your cynacism and knowing the folks I know on both sides of the aisle, lobbyists, business men etc, I unfortunately would have to agree with you.  However, that is not to say that there aren't a number of folks that do follow the letter and try to follow the spirit of the law. But man there are a lot of crap heads out there.

628068[/snapback]

There are too many laws.

That being the case, I'm all for following the spirit of them. As for following the letter, it ALWAYS means an ulterior motive or agenda. People only follow the letter of the law when they can use it against someone. Either that, or they are Barney Fife.

Which is also a good example of what I'm talking about. Think about it.

There are too many laws.

That being the case, I'm all for following the spirit of them. As for following the letter, it ALWAYS means an ulterior motive or agenda. People only follow the letter of the law when they can use it against someone. Either that, or they are Barney Fife.

Which is also a good example of what I'm talking about. Think about it.

628120[/snapback]

Point well taken, but the world could do with a few more Barney Fife's and a few less Dick Cheney's.

P.S. Sounds like Dick Santorum is in trouble with a lobbyist, had one rent space from his campaign's office building, not sure but sounded like a sublet and also run a Santorum charity! Talk about conflicts of interests....told you he is stupid.

Principles?

Why pick on this one?

628025[/snapback]

I'm not picking this one. It's imply one of the things I don't agree with. There are too many laws - you know that.

As for following the letter, it ALWAYS means an ulterior motive or agenda. People only follow the letter of the law when they can use it against someone. Either that, or they are Barney Fife.

628120[/snapback]

That's a cynicism that is likely to lead down darker roads.