Anyone watch Big Love after The Sopranos?

I cannot imagine the Mormon Community is pleased, that was kind of a creepy portrayal of the polygamist thing, very odd and very disturbing, but also kind of compelling

626680[/snapback]

Ever see the Spark Episode telling the story of Mormonism...

"Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!" :(:huh::devil:

I cannot imagine the Mormon Community is pleased, that was kind of a creepy portrayal of the polygamist thing, very odd and very disturbing, but also kind of compelling

626680[/snapback]

My boss is a very devout Mormon. Lots of times, you can see it spilling over into the decisions he makes. I know a few... some of the things they've said in that show are a lot closer to the truth than you realize.

-Jeff

I know quite a few, too, oddly enough. One of the local TV stations ran this story recently about the show, and it's pretty interesting. I think the Mormon church is a bit edgy because of it.

I watched it for a few minutes just to see some shots of Salt Lake City, although I thought the main character was not supposed to be Mormon. In any case, I turned it off after about 5 or 10 minutes. Didn't do anything for me.

And no, I don't know any wise guys here. Not that that means anything. :(

I have one wife - I would become homicidal if I had two more! Could you imagine that guy's tolerance for nagging?

627022[/snapback]

Right, but if you're strict, the husband runs the house. Nagging would be non-existant. The woman run the kids. They're supposed to be on equal-ground.

I work with a guy who busted out of the church at ~19. He tells all kinds of stories. Bishops would show up at your house on a Sunday and say "God has chosen you for fasting today, please give us the money you would have spent on food today as the church is in need", and they would.

-Jeff

Right, but if you're strict, the husband runs the house.  Nagging would be non-existant.  The woman run the kids.  They're supposed to be on equal-ground.

I work with a guy who busted out of the church at ~19.  He tells all kinds of stories.  Bishops would show up at your house on a Sunday and say "God has chosen you for fasting today, please give us the money you would have spent on food today as the church is in need", and they would.

-Jeff

627029[/snapback]

God has chosen you for a head wound if you don't get off my property. NOW.