It is Two Thousand and Six right??

kgun

E Mo had what, eight hundred and some odd yards last year. History proves he doesn't have good seasons that end in odd numbers. So it looks like he is primed to do what follows the rule; gain over a thousand yards. He just needs to remain on the roster come September. (Hopefully a lot of praying from myself, will keep him here.) I will be holding my breath until Marv gives us a decision

Also, do not forget in those four years, he has been a Pro Bowler three times!!

1998 1,368 yds.

1999 994 yds.

2000 1,326 yds.

2001 904 yds.

2002 1,292 yds.

2003 780 yds.

2004 1,043 yds.

2005 816 yds.

*2006 1,021 yds. :D

*2007 ???

*2008 ?,???

Anywho, my first visit to Orchard Park was in 1996 to see one of Kelly’s final games. It was against Cinci. and I will never forget the trip. We met Eric on Saturday before meetings out in the lot where the players walk into the stadium and I had him sign a jersey and a helmet. He was a very mellow fellow and was also extremely friendly & accommodating. I told him I was up to bid Kelly a fond farewell, and to anoint him the new Pro Bowl wideout in town. He told me he would do his very best. When he said that I knew he would meet my expectations. I didn’t think it was going to take three years to get there, but he proved me right.

On Sunday, at around 12:25 in comes this big ass Suburban, sure enough it was Kelly. I brought this lithograph to the stadium hoping he would scribble his auto on it somewhere. Once he got out of the truck, I said “Mr. Kelly will you sign this sketch for me please” as he approached the fence. He said “yea, come on.” I handed it to him and he started to walk towards the tunnel. I walked side by side with him half way down the tunnel, next to the man I thought was God at that time. He was a big fellow next to all of my five foot nine inch self. I told him I watched every Bills game since ’88 and that in my mind he was the greatest QB of all time. (Doubt he needed his ego boosted any higher than it already was) He told me thanks for making the trip up to see the game and then said that he was sure they would win the game.

So now I can say that walked down the tunnel of Rich stadium with a Hall of Famer, something I will always remember and cherish. The autograph he penned on my lithograph looks as good as the other seventy to eighty autographed items I have collected through the years.

*I know it isn’t realistic, but he my favorite Bill; behind Jimbo. One just has to pray that he will stay.