Lobbying Bill Dead

How could you stand working there as long as you did? Drugs?

625583[/snapback]

Sort of, I was idealistic...a drug in itself, then I realized that I didn't want to be a lawyer and started looking to do something to get out. P.S. the lobbying perks in the House AG Committee weren't bad early on for a low level staffer. Didn't have to shop for food for the 2 months around x-mas. Then the rules changed after 94 and it got strict, sounds like they are just violating GOP rules. Also, lawyers probably found the loopholes or worked a few judges to create some.

I still enjoy watching the show, despite my cynacism...photography and graphics seemed like a natural evolution of my talents. Now I am gone and am a lot more serene. Neat hail storm here yesterday. SoCal folks freaked, but I thought it was pretty cool coming off the ocean.

Sort of, I was idealistic...a drug in itself, then I realized that I didn't want to be a lawyer and started looking to do something to get out.  P.S. the lobbying perks in the House AG Committee weren't bad early on for a low level staffer.  Didn't have to shop for food for the 2 months around x-mas.  Then the rules changed after 94 and it got strict, sounds like they are just violating GOP rules.  Also, lawyers probably found the loopholes or worked a few judges to create some.

I still enjoy watching the show, despite my cynacism...photography and graphics seemed like a natural evolution of my talents.  Now I am gone and am a lot more serene.  Neat hail storm here yesterday.  SoCal folks freaked, but I thought it was pretty cool coming off the ocean.

625597[/snapback]

Gotta love idealism. I'm thinking of going the mercenary route. A natural evoultion of my talents.

Gotta love idealism. I'm thinking of going the mercenary route. A natural evoultion of my talents.

625613[/snapback]

Dark man, dark...careful...have a friend, former special forces...we call the green lantern, who is now a contractor for them...(mercenary). He don't talk about where he goes, but he hates camping of any sort.

Dark man, dark...careful...have a friend, former special forces...we call the green lantern, who is now a contractor for them...(mercenary).  He don't talk about where he goes, but he hates camping of any sort.

625626[/snapback]

LOL.

Exactly. My current idea of camping is the Raddisson with the pool closed. I meant more in a consultant kind of way. I'm way too old for the other crap, and have no interest.

It's hard to sight down an HK with variable focus lenses anyway.

LOL.

Exactly. My current idea of camping is the Raddisson with the pool closed. I meant more in a consultant kind of way. I'm way too old for the other crap, and have no interest.

It's hard to sight down an HK with variable focus lenses anyway.

625658[/snapback]

My brother in the Air Force Ravens goes on missions from time to time. Taking care of his checkbook while he was away after 9/11, it was a vertiable checklist of five-star hotels (for amenities the gov't didn't pick up, which meant, not much b/c they love to spend it). But after Khobar, that's what they have to do; anything less doesn't have the required security.

My brother in the Air Force Ravens goes on missions from time to time. Taking care of his checkbook while he was away after 9/11, it was a vertiable checklist of five-star hotels (for amenities the gov't didn't pick up, which meant, not much b/c they love to spend it). But after Khobar, that's what they have to do; anything less doesn't have the required security.

625744[/snapback]

One learns how to work the system. I've stayed in high end beach and downtown condos before -and also saved the taxpayers dollars. Split a two/three bedroom condo on a long term TDY, and it's a lot of money under what one would pay for a hotel. Take the per diem/hotel allowance and split it between 2 or 3 on the cost of the place. I'd rather have wine glasses drying on the counter in a full furnished for less money than three months in "I'll leave the lights on". Got a kitchen and etc.. Pocket the difference on the per diem. I've never, ever been anywhere in the world where I couldn't eat well for 40 or 50 bucks a day.

Get a place with a kitchen, pots and pans, and find a young, pretty local gal to cook dinner. One can make some good friends that way, too.

Keeps one honest.

Get a place with a kitchen, pots and pans, and find a young, pretty local gal to cook dinner. One can make some good friends that way, too.

625770[/snapback]

Best way to learn a foreign language too.

He was in Puerto Rico for a few months and down in Columbia when that plane went down (lots to that story that he would not say), and if I had to list all the other places, it'd honestly take less time to tell you where he didn't go.

My s-i-l went down to PR for a couple of weeks and stayed in the hotel room. Fabulous deal for her.