Browns Trying To Trade Faine??

Yes, he would be a great addition to the Bills. But, first off, I doubt the Browns are going to send him packing, and I really doubt they'll give him up for a mere 4th. Yeah, I know they have Bentley now, but I would be very surprised if Romeo doesn't move Faine over to guard. That would make for one nasty middle.

Send them a fifth Marv

The Browns have given center Jeff Faine's agent permission to seek a trade for the 2003 first-round pick, an NFL source said Monday.

The Browns also finalized the trade of safety Chris Crocker to Atlanta for the Falcons' fourth-round pick in next month's draft and announced the official signing of former Ravens tight end Darnell Dinkins.

Faine (6-3, 291) became expendable last week when the Browns signed former Saints center/guard LeCharles Bentley as a free agent.

If the Browns can trade Faine, Bentley will start at center. If they can't trade him, Bentley, a two-time Pro Bowler, most likely will move to guard, and Faine will be the center. The Browns have explored moving Faine to guard, but that move is unlikely because they like bigger guards. Faine, who started 14 games last season before being placed on injured reserve with a torn right biceps, has been out of town and unavailable for comment.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindeale...8980.xml&coll=2

should we trade with cleveland for Faine?  He has alot of potential, and we could probably get him for a 4th round pick.

637538[/snapback]

Absolutely. One of our 3rd round picks would be alright.

That article says they want a first. I'm sure they meant a 2006 or 2007 pick.

637571[/snapback]

That article said that they are giving their 2003 first round pick (a guy by the name of Faine) permission to seek a trade...

if faine is soooo good why did cleveland sign lecharles bently?

637599[/snapback]

Without knowing anything about Faine, I'd hazard a bet he was/is better than the center or either guard we had starting on our team last year. ............ I don't know what kind of money we'd be talking, but he may be worth a shot :P

if faine is soooo good why did cleveland sign lecharles bently?

637599[/snapback]

And why was he out-played by "TSW-Yawn-Worthy" Fowler?

Jeff Faine (No. 21, 2003) was outplayed at center in 2004, in the opinion of his position coach, by 2002 third-round pick Melvin Fowler.

source (one of many).

aquisistion of the off season.

Git er done Marv !

634314[/snapback]

Pay attention, this guy is massively injury prone. He was a great player at ND but has done squat and cant finish a year healthy. Center is a tough position because you are in the middle of everything and your limbs take a beating, trust me i was a center in highschool and have 2 ACl surgeries to thank for that. maybe he can turn things around but i wouldnt spend more than a 4 rd pick on him.

Yes, he would be a great addition to the Bills. But, first off, I doubt the Browns are going to send him packing, and I really doubt they'll give him up for a mere 4th. Yeah, I know they have Bentley now, but I would be very surprised if Romeo doesn't move Faine over to guard. That would make for one nasty middle.

637558[/snapback]

Easy Fella, I dont know if he would be a great addition,its hard to make blocks when your always in the training room. Center has to be the grittiest guy on the field, Fayne hasnt shown that yet.