Do you guys think the Triplett signing will

i'd rather have huff or davis, but i have to say i dont think this signing means we wont take a DT. Look at our line now, we still have only tripplet, and then you have a garbage rotation with edwards coming off an injury and then anderson, i'd rather have edwards and anderson as back ups not starters. If we wanted ngata before sam adams was cut, then why wouldnt we still want one now.

No. Any good defense has more then 1 capable defensive tackle. Our defense doesnt get better with just larry triplett. IMO it changes nothing. Triplett/Anderson/Bannan?? :lol: Thats extremely laughable and makes us no better off. Now adding someone hopefully Bunkley but Ngata is fine as well will increase the chances of that group being good.

I do not think this means we pass on Ngata.

Now if we sign Ryan Pickett or Damione Lewis, my mind would change.

Triplett will be a starter, after him you have mostly backups.

Although I think Tim Anderson is getting better, he may not be the starter we are looking for. I would'nt be upset if we let go of Edwards and Bannan.

we still need another DT. Tripplett is a great get -- a solid starter. We still need another. Could use another DE also, but i say if ngata is there, we take him. But this would at least let us consider Huff if the bills were really high on him.

I think this is exactly the type of signing a team makes to ensure that it doesn't necessarily have to draft for need on draft day. So, yes, I think its much more likely now that we will pass on a DT (and I think it would be Bunkley), focus on another position in the draft, and pick a DT in R2 or 3.

If we go out and sign Pickett...then yes, I'd say our DTs are set and anything else we do in the Draft should just be for depth behind Triplett and Pickett. However, I dont think you'll see us go out and sign another DT so Ngata would still be a great addition for us in the Draft.

Although I've still got my fingers crossed we'll get Huff...a leader for the Defense for years to come.

Hey Malta, I love that Hank Baskett pick. I saw him in person this year and he freakin torched us (Mizzou)...I think it was something like 11 catches for 170 yards and like 3 or 4 TDs. He was a monster and I would love him in the 4th, we need a bigger, physical wideout if Moulds is gone.

Hey Malta, I love that Hank Baskett pick.  I saw him in person this year and he freakin torched us (Mizzou)...I think it was something like 11 catches for 170 yards and like 3 or 4 TDs.  He was a monster and I would love him in the 4th, we need a bigger, physical wideout if Moulds is gone.

625237[/snapback]

Actually I just checked it, and it was worse than I remembered...he caught 10 balls for 209 yards and 3 TDs. His best game of the year...got to love that Missouri defense. Bastid. :blink:

Actually I just checked it, and it was worse than I remember...he caught 10 balls for 209 yards and 3 TDs.  His best game of the year...got to love that Missouri defense.  Bastid. :blink:

625241[/snapback]

Well what I love about Baskett is that his production has increased every single year in college. He may not be that well known, but the kid has some SERIOUS talent and will be a steal for some team in the late 3rd to 4th rounds.

Well what I love about Baskett is that his production has increased every single year in college.  He may not be that well known, but the kid has some SERIOUS talent and will be a steal for some team in the late 3rd to 4th rounds.

625243[/snapback]

sweet name for a wide out too, could have a lot of fun with that one

Man i dunno i still think i like stovall as a later round steal.

625248[/snapback]

I'm cool with Stovall as well, although the red flag around him is that he didnt do ANYTHING until Charlie Weiss got there. Baskett has been improving every single year without any help.