Former Bush aide arrested in theft case

Claude Allen

Honest question, how does this administration rank with the number of people who've been arrested while (or in this case, very shortly after) on the job? When you're picking and working your closest advisers, don't you think you'd know something about their character?

I'm going to quote from Campy's blog: "I sometimes think I’m the only person who remembers that Bush ran in 2000 claiming that he would restore dignity, honor, and integrity to the White House. Wonder whatever happened to those things — a little too inconvenient perhaps?"

Considering the line of people who walked out of the White House in cuffs during those heady Clinton years, Id shut up if I were you.

624806[/snapback]

You mean those two times I didn't vote for him? But hey, why not make it BUSHBAD! vs. CLINTONBAD! That's always interesting and productive....

Considering that you have NO CLUE and this wasn't meant to be partisan rather than a 'How the fecking feck do people like this think they won't get caught?' (tho, sadly, I guess this answers itself...), you might be the one to try shutting up.

Where's that :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smilie when you need it? :lol:

You mean those two times I didn't vote for him? But hey, why not make it BUSHBAD! vs. CLINTONBAD! That's always interesting and productive....

Considering that you have NO CLUE and this wasn't meant to be partisan rather than a 'How the fecking feck do people like this think they won't get caught?' (tho, sadly, I guess this answers itself...), you might be the one to try shutting up.

Where's that :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smilie when you need it?  ;)

624813[/snapback]

You have to excuse RK. He really has nothing other than "Clinton Bad!" to fall back on. :lol:

Considering the line of people who walked out of the White House in cuffs during those heady Clinton years, Id shut up if I were you.

624806[/snapback]

o.k. How about a list? Top advisor for top advisor. Personally I don't keep tabs on those things but if you two are going to go at it, let's see some numbers.

(Being a "hot pocket eating", lefty my memory is a little fuzzy on the Clinton Admin. arrests, etc.) : :lol:

I'm going to quote from Campy's blog: "I sometimes think I’m the only person who remembers that Bush ran in 2000 claiming that he would restore dignity, honor, and integrity to the White House. Wonder whatever happened to those things — a little too inconvenient perhaps?"

624797[/snapback]

Oh sure, drag me into it why dontcha' :lol:

Where's that :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smilie when you need it?  :blink:

624813[/snapback]

Its thats the case, you schmuck, then why did you write this?

Honest question, how does this administration rank with the number of people who've been arrested while (or in this case, very shortly after) on the job? When you're picking and working your closest advisers, don't you think you'd know something about their character?

If you meant to say "'How the fecking feck do people like this think they won't get caught?'", then why didnt you type "'How the fecking feck do people like this think they won't get caught?'??

This isnt thought dxlexia, when you type one tghing that means another. Type what you mean to say next time. It works pretty well.

And while youre at it, cut the babe in the woods bull sh--. Youre not a Democrat like Elvis isnt dead.

o.k. How about a list? Top advisor for top advisor. Personally I don't keep tabs on those things but if you two are going to go at it, let's see some numbers.

(Being a "hot pocket eating", lefty my memory is a little fuzzy on the Clinton Admin. arrests, etc.) : <_<

624923[/snapback]

I'd like to see that list as well. I have searched and so far I found that the number of Clinton administration officials convicted of anything appears to be one. There are a bunch of conserv-o-nut web sites claiming that the Clinton's had more convictions than any other but what they do is limit Reagan, Bush and Nixon convictions to governemnt officials but when it comes to Clinton, they include any business or individual "associated with" the "Clinton machine". Of course, they define what "associated with" means and just what the heck the "Clinton machine" is supposed to include. For us mere mortals, unable to leap the tallest truth in a single bound, we must use the more mundane stat, ie, actual members of the administration convicted of a crime.

The one conviction I could find was Henry Cisneros who was HUD Secretary. You may remember him better by his well earned title of "Public Enemy No. 1". Time was, mothers scared their children with stories about Cisneros to get them to eat their vegetables. If your stomache can stand it, here are the appallingly gory details of his heinous crimes:

He lied in his FBI background check about money he paid to a mistress. He told them about the mistress and that he was paying her. What was the great and terrible lie he told? He said he paid her "about" 120k when he paid her, according to prosecutors anyway, 250k. I know, shocking isn't it? Oh, the unmitigated horror of it all. Some might say it was his money and if he wanted to pay a mistress with it, that was his business. He "lied" about it on the background check though so his career went in the crapper. He was originally indicted on all sorts of things but the mistress herself ended up pleading guilty to falsifying audio taped evidence against Cisneros. In fact, she pled guilty to 28 counts of fraud.

Cisneros had long since admitted to the affair and reconciled with his wife before all of this came down. Even so, I think it was worth it in the end. All it cost us was $9 Million to catch him redhanded underestimating money he gave to his mistress. He got no time, just a 10k fine. Thank God he didn't get away with that crap.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing a list of actual administration officials that were paraded in handcuffs as alleged.

Didn't Bush nominate this guy for a judicial position a couple of times too?

625577[/snapback]

I was really surprised the letter was sealed with orange lipstick. Liked the perfume, though. Oh, never got the Elvira picture.

Mickey?

Ever notice that not many people are defending parties anymore?

I'd like to see that list as well.  I have searched and so far I found that the number of Clinton administration officials convicted of anything appears to be one.  There are a bunch of conserv-o-nut web sites claiming that the Clinton's had more convictions than any other but what they do is limit Reagan, Bush and Nixon convictions to governemnt officials but when it comes to Clinton, they include any business or individual "associated with" the "Clinton machine".  Of course, they define what "associated with" means and just what the heck the "Clinton machine" is supposed to include.  For us mere mortals, unable to leap the tallest truth in a single bound, we must use the more mundane stat, ie, actual members of the administration convicted of a crime.

The one conviction I could find was Henry Cisneros who was HUD Secretary.  You may remember him better by his well earned title of "Public Enemy No. 1".  Time was, mothers scared their children with stories about Cisneros to get them to eat their vegetables.  If your stomache can stand it, here are the appallingly gory details of his heinous crimes:

He lied in his FBI background check about money he paid to a mistress.  He told them about the mistress and that he was paying her.  What was the great and terrible lie he told?  He said he paid her "about" 120k when he paid her, according to prosecutors anyway, 250k.  I know, shocking isn't it?  Oh, the unmitigated horror of it all.  Some might say it was his money and if he wanted to pay a mistress with it, that was his business.  He "lied" about it on the background check though so his career went in the crapper.  He was originally indicted on all sorts of things but the mistress herself ended up pleading guilty to falsifying audio taped evidence against Cisneros.  In fact, she pled guilty to 28 counts of fraud.

Cisneros had long since admitted to the affair and reconciled with his wife before all of this came down.  Even so, I think it was worth it in the end.  All it cost us was $9 Million to catch him redhanded underestimating money he gave to his mistress.  He got no time, just a 10k fine.  Thank God he didn't get away with that crap.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing a list of actual administration officials that were paraded in handcuffs as alleged.

625648[/snapback]

I think Mike Espy was too, but it may have been overturned on appeal, don't remember, but that is about it as far as I can remember. Of course the removal of W keys on all key boards at the WH during the transition still has the Bushies panties in a wad. Yeh, yeh government property...yeh, yeh, still was funniest partisan prank that I ever heard about.

Immature too, right along with most partisan politics, sorry I haven't grown up.

I'd like to see that list as well.  I have searched and so far I found that the number of Clinton administration officials convicted of anything appears to be one.  There are a bunch of conserv-o-nut web sites claiming that the Clinton's had more convictions than any other but what they do is limit Reagan, Bush and Nixon convictions to governemnt officials but when it comes to Clinton, they include any business or individual "associated with" the "Clinton machine".  Of course, they define what "associated with" means and just what the heck the "Clinton machine" is supposed to include.  For us mere mortals, unable to leap the tallest truth in a single bound, we must use the more mundane stat, ie, actual members of the administration convicted of a crime.

The one conviction I could find was Henry Cisneros who was HUD Secretary.  You may remember him better by his well earned title of "Public Enemy No. 1".  Time was, mothers scared their children with stories about Cisneros to get them to eat their vegetables.  If your stomache can stand it, here are the appallingly gory details of his heinous crimes:

He lied in his FBI background check about money he paid to a mistress.  He told them about the mistress and that he was paying her.  What was the great and terrible lie he told?  He said he paid her "about" 120k when he paid her, according to prosecutors anyway, 250k.  I know, shocking isn't it?  Oh, the unmitigated horror of it all.  Some might say it was his money and if he wanted to pay a mistress with it, that was his business.  He "lied" about it on the background check though so his career went in the crapper.  He was originally indicted on all sorts of things but the mistress herself ended up pleading guilty to falsifying audio taped evidence against Cisneros.  In fact, she pled guilty to 28 counts of fraud.

Cisneros had long since admitted to the affair and reconciled with his wife before all of this came down.  Even so, I think it was worth it in the end.  All it cost us was $9 Million to catch him redhanded underestimating money he gave to his mistress.  He got no time, just a 10k fine.  Thank God he didn't get away with that crap.

625648[/snapback]

Cisneros was the only one I could find. Another (Espy?) was fully acquitted.

The ideology machine that spurns out pages like "The Clinton Crime Family" is much more enamored of spewing baseless accusations re: Vince Foster's death (BTW -- I attended a talk by Henry Lee, where he showed case photos, many of them stomach-turning, and gave descriptions of numerous cases he's worked on. I challenge anyone to actually look at the pictures of the scene and explain how it clearly wasn't a suicide rather than quote Rush Limbaugh's conspiracy theories as gospel. And by the way, if you're not easily bothered by stuff like that, I urge people to meet Mr. Lee; guy would make a fortune in stand-up comedy), the FBI files in the WH, campaign contributions and a photo with a guy later arrested for drug dealing, Ron Brown's 'assassination' and the like. Many of the very things the current administration does out in the open and vocally defend. If these people weren't so blindly partisan, they'd take the sites down in shame.

So far, I count four Bush officials who've been arrested: Scooter Libby, Thomas Noe, David Safavian, and now Claude Allen.

Maybe future presidential candidates would be well served to NOT make promises that their WH will "bring back honor, ethics, and blah blah blah" to the office. As if it ever was any of these things under any president, or ever could be just b/c a certain party is in power. Thing is, time after time, the lemmings in this country actually buy this bullsh-- and vote for either of the Big Two's nominees which virtually ensures that they had to claw, canoodle and carouse with truly bad people on their way there.

The ideology machine that spurns out pages like "The Clinton Crime Family" is much more enamored of spewing baseless accusations re: Vince Foster's death (BTW -- I attended a talk by Henry Lee, where he showed case photos, many of them stomach-turning, and gave descriptions of numerous cases he's worked on. I challenge anyone to actually look at the pictures of the scene and explain how it clearly wasn't a suicide rather than quote Rush Limbaugh's conspiracy theories as gospel. And by the way, if you're not easily bothered by stuff like that, I urge people to meet Mr. Lee; guy would win on "Last Comic Standing"), the FBI files in the WH, campaign contributions and a photo with a guy later arrested for drug dealing, Ron Brown's 'assassination' and the like. Many of the very things the current administration does out in the open and vocally defend. If these people weren't so blindly partisan, they'd take the sites down in shame.

So far, I count four Bush officials who've been arrested: Scooter Libby, Thomas Noe, David Safavian, and now Claude Allen.

Maybe future presidential candidates would be well served to NOT make promises that their WH will "bring back honor, ethics, and blah blah blah" to the office. As if it ever was any of these things under any president, or ever could be just b/c a certain party is in power. Thing is, time after time, the lemmings in this country actually buy this bullsh-- and vote for either of the Big Two's nominees which virtually ensures that they had to claw, canoodle and carouse with truly bad people on their way there.

625693[/snapback]

There you have it...but it is not going to stop there, I am sure there will be more prosecutions of this WH Admin, while the Limbaugh's of the world cry about Clinton folks...the only thing they seem to know how to do. Thanks for the stats.

The ideology machine that spurns out pages like "The Clinton Crime Family" is much more enamored of spewing baseless accusations re: Vince Foster's death (BTW -- I attended a talk by Henry Lee, where he showed case photos, many of them stomach-turning, and gave descriptions of numerous cases he's worked on. I challenge anyone to actually look at the pictures of the scene and explain how it clearly wasn't a suicide rather than quote Rush Limbaugh's conspiracy theories as gospel. And by the way, if you're not easily bothered by stuff like that, I urge people to meet Mr. Lee; guy would make a fortune in stand-up comedy), the FBI files in the WH, campaign contributions and a photo with a guy later arrested for drug dealing, Ron Brown's 'assassination' and the like. Many of the very things the current administration does out in the open and vocally defend. If these people weren't so blindly partisan, they'd take the sites down in shame.

625693[/snapback]

Wait, you mean this is nothing but crap? <_<

Funniest thing about that article isn't the "Democrats are criminals!" statement. It's the general theme of "Democrats are criminals, but unlike our guys they get away with it! :lol: I'm laughing because it's sad...

Wait, you mean this is nothing but crap?  <_<

Funniest thing about that article isn't the "Democrats are criminals!" statement.  It's the general theme of "Democrats are criminals, but unlike our guys they get away with it!  :lol:  I'm laughing because it's sad...

625734[/snapback]

I was thinking stuff like this.

Get a few pictures of administration officials with a split-second bizarre facial feature, some nice clip-art of demons, and a grainy photo of the cover of "Wag the Dog," combine it all with 12 different color fonts and you've got yourself a sizzling indictment of the Clinton Presidency, yessiree.

All of these Dems under accusation by the Repubs must go un-indicted and get away Scot-free with everything because.... they control all three branches of government? :lol:

Get a few pictures of administration officials with a split-second bizarre facial feature, some nice clip-art of demons, and a grainy photo of the cover of "Wag the Dog," combine it all with 12 different color fonts and you've got yourself a sizzling indictment of the Clinton Presidency, yessiree.

All of these Dems under accusation by the Repubs must go un-indicted and get away Scot-free with everything because.... they control all three branches of government? <_<

625759[/snapback]

I don't think anyone is controlling anything. Looks more like people I wouldn't want to have to smell.

But, drive on.

All of these Dems under accusation by the Repubs must go un-indicted and get away Scot-free with everything because.... they control all three branches of government? :lol:

625759[/snapback]

:lol: Good stuff. Their reference to the Bilderbergers really convinced me... <_<

Look, I make no secret of my disdain for Clinton. I think his foreign policy was sh--, and his presidency was characterized by an overwhelming focus on whoring for votes. And I think the same about his rabid critics that I do about Bush's: why make crazy sh-- like that up when their actual performance is so rotten?