Bentley and Shaffer

I've read their board, & I don't see anyone crying over losing him, they all wanted either Bentley (like everyone else) or Mangold in the 2nd (which would also work for me).

I've been on the Mangold bandwagon for a few months...that kid is going to be a player. Problem is he's probably a late first rounder; I've said it before though, if he's there when we pick in the 2nd this is a MUST HAVE pick. Check out my mock below and substitute Mangold for Joseph..IMHO that would be one sweet draft!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see that LP put Hartwig on ANY list.  I got my info on Hartwig several weeks ago.  And no Atlanta fans were crying over losing Shaffer.  Why didn't Atlanta try and keep HIM, if he were so good?

Hartwig is neither unproven NOR a scrub.  Same with Gandy, whose problems in Chicago were more due to injuries and lack of experience than anything else.  Preston would be largely unproven, yes.  Besides, who else is out there?  And a rookie center wouldn't exactly inspire confidence.

624619[/snapback]

I don't think Shaffer is that good, I think the Browns greatly overpaid for him.

As for who else is better out there... to be perfectly honest, I don't believe in building teams through FA, not anymore, at least from the standpoint of spending big $$$ for potential. You're better off using it to re-inforce what you've already got. Outside of a handful of players like Bentley, none of these guys are difference-makers, nor are they worth all that jack. Now that Bentley's gone, I'd like to see Mawae signed... yeah, he's old, but at least I know he won't be pushed around. Mawae or Mangold in the 2nd, & an OG like Fatui in the 3rd would be ideal IMO.

I've been on the Mangold bandwagon for a few months...that kid is going to be a player.  Problem is he's probably a late first rounder; I've said it before though, if he's there when we pick in the 2nd this is a MUST HAVE pick.  Check out my mock below and substitute Mangold for Joseph..IMHO that would be one sweet draft!

624632[/snapback]

I think you're right about him moving up. :lol:

My take on day 1 (without any trades) is best impact player in the 1st, then 2 OL & 1 DT (providing no reaches).

I would like to know our plan for the oline and dt, which may be the weakest in the entire NFL at this point (Williams and Adams cut, Teague, Edwards, and Bannon are free agents and both units were poor last year even with these players).

I know that it is very early, but I had hoped tht the Bills would be really agressive right from the start.  Have any visits been announced?

624482[/snapback]

They may have made offers for both of those guys.