What does Ralph want?

Guest BackInDaDay

Guest BackInDaDay
Also, under the new cap - the TV deal does not cover player cost any more.

623725[/snapback]

This is Ralph's biggest legitimate beef. That because future caps will be based on all of the league's revenues, it will rise beyond the Bills capacity to afford a competitve team. I don't see it. Between keeping any revenue the Bills can generate, receiving his share of TV,Tickets & Merchandise (the old DGR), and receiving close to $10M from the high-end teams he shouldn't have a problem fielding a good team.

Guest BackInDaDay
As far as the Bills are concerned, The new CBA is about the best they could hope for.  They will never come close to the Patriots and Redskins in revenue, but they have to be more aggressive.  That may mean higher ticket prices, corprate naming of the stadium, a shopping mall instead of an RV lot, etc.

Buffalo fans have to accept that keeping the Bills will become more expensive for everyone, and the way the team has done business before will have to change.  That's the price of being in that exclusive club called the NFL.

623563[/snapback]

From your mouth to Ralph's ear. :lol:

Guest BackInDaDay
Actually, by limiting the amount of signing bonus in a year will give owners like Synder more money in their pockets.  I would think a proposal that has a cap of $100 million and no more than $25 in a year for signing bonus would "level" the field.

623768[/snapback]

Limits to the 'cash over cap' money used to attract FAs has to have been addressed in the restructured revenue sharing plan. I've read references to new schemes concerning these bonuses. I don't know if they're founded in fact and I don't know if they're a good thing for us or not. Maybe someone could elaborate.

Guest BackInDaDay

One more post before this goes to 'topic hell' - next page of TSW. :lol:

A lot of TBD posters are vehemently criticizing the restructured revenue plan in defense of Ralph, yet have passed on the opportunity to offer any alternatives.

Maybe this is the best plan for the NFL, and all it's franchises.

It's a good thing they got Ralph's hands out of ol' Wellington's pockets before they buried him, eh? He's been patting the new guys down for years now. They finally caved and it's still not enough. HOF my ass.