I don;t think Buffalo is that unattractive to FAs

This notion seems to be conventional wisdom among some of this board. However, the occurencies in the real world ssem to indicate that this complaint is much about folks having a chip on their shoulder and finding some solace in feeling everyone hates them rather than reality.

A number of sought after FAs have come to this team instead of going elsewhere. Even better once they came here they performed so for the most part these weren't signings of players who were washed up.

These examples include:

LB Takeo Spikes- This is the big example as he was seen as clearly the most desirable LB (if not even the most desireable D player on the market that year and he came to Buffalo. He made the Pro Bowl for us twice, an indicator of both performance and popularity around the country and league, allegations of prejudicae against Buffalo did not hurt him.

LB Fletcher- signed with the Bills on the first day of FA if I remember and has paid off by being credited with more tackes than anyone in the last 5 years.

DT Sam Adams- unfortunately gone, but ame here even though several teams were interested and came here for liower than what was perceived as the market rate for him.

SS- Lawyer Milloy- there were not a ton of twans with the cap room to go after this late cut, but there was competition for him and he lookwd at the package offered and talked to former teamamtes and came here.

FB Sam Gash - had several suitors and chose to come here to take Centers spot.

Kely Holcomb- A quality back-up QB had several suitors after some glitzy performances for Cleveland, but chose to come here, i think cause he figured he could beat out JP.

In addition to these prominent players who were in some demand in FA, we also attracted a number of moderate playetrs who actually seemed eager to come here like LB Jeff Posey who I think he signed to come here within the first hours of FA near its midnite start or guys we hung onto like Aaron Schobel who there was a market out there.

Definitely there are some players who always had or always wanted to live in the Sunbelt, but I know of few examples of men who were willing to pass up the big $ or perhaps most important a chance to star to go to some other town for less money or to ride the pines because it is warmer there.

There are also a few players who want to be in the NYC media market who may choose to go there, but for gosh sakes as forsaken as you think Buffalo maybe, many other NFL cities like Indisnapolis, Kansas City or Pittsburghs are not palatial drawing cards that players are just dying to go to fo the culture.

Money and PT talk all the other stuff is just junk and I do not think put us at any unbeatable disadvantage

Money and PT talk all the other stuff is just junk and I do not think put us at any unbeatable disadvantage

622768[/snapback]

I agree completely. Offer someone more money, they play for you.

This belief that "no one wants to come to Buffalo" has been around since the beginning of free agency. It's proved wrong every almost every single year (excellent job listing our recent signings) and I have no idea why some people feel the need to cling to it.