A Few Thoughts About Recent Events...

1) Obviously, the new CBA will make a difference in terms of whether or not to keep Moulds. Now, there is more cap room for him to bleed Mr. Wilson and the fans for his obscene salary. Imo, Moulds is not good enough for him to make a difference in terms of making the playoffs. Oh yeah, he also quit on his team during a Bills/Dolphin game. Maybe the most important part of the equation is that cutting him would free up even more money in 07. I strongly hope that he is cut.

2) I read the post by AKC about Mr. Wilson, and I too thank him for providing the State of New York with a football team. I would not care about the NFL were it not for the Buffalo Bills, or so I think. That said, the man is virtually incoherent. His interview was shocking. :rolleyes: I can see why he hired Levy. Marv can tell all the stories he wants about the "good old days," but he sounds like a 30 year old man compared to Mr. Wilson. Yes, imo the best thing that could happen to Bills Fans would be for Mr. Wilson to sell the team to someone who would keep them in WNY, admittedly a tall order.

3) I am happy about the CBA, but it probably hurt the Bills in 06. Now, other teams have room to sign players instead of cutting them. The way I see things, our chances of getting quality free agents this year are not great. However, we DO draft early, and we have an extra pick. I am hoping (for the first time ever) for a trade down. I am willing to sit through another losing season if I must. We need young blood on both lines and more. In 07, we will probably pick close to where we are now AND have even more cap space (especially if we cut Moulds now) to bring in first rate UFAs. Realistically, we are 2 years away, and this is assuming that JP will be a good qb.

4) We say it every year, but I am thinking that this draft is the most important one that I can remember. We just CAN'T miss this year! Too much at stake.

5) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.) In the best interests of the team and player it's time for both to move on.

2.) I know I would enjoy football without the Bills, but I have no idea to what extent, or which team would be "mine". It is the greatest game going. That said, the best thing would be new ownership. I'm not going to get into the embarassment factor because that doesn't mean jack, but if last night's sound bites are an indication it is time for change. I do have faith in Marv, and I think that he brings a lot to the team in terms of organizational ability etc., but if the Captain is asleep at the wheel...

3.) IMO the Bills need to be very selective in FA. Who are the top 2-3 players that Marv et. al. want? Go after them early and hard.

4.) Yeah

5.) Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill,

1. Moulds is a tough call. I agree with you that if we let him go it frees up money for 2007 and the Bills WILL need it. This year is a rebuilding year as have the last six. The only concern I have is - Who will be the #1 receiver? Evans reminds me of Peerless. I actually believe Parrish may attract more attention (if he can get off the line due to his size). Possibly Everett will also step up. The QBs on the roster have enough issues with out having to worry about who can catch the ball.

2. Mr. Wilson has been incoherent for a long time. Hopefully Jacobs, or Rich or Gallisano step up. SOON

3. All another team has to do to a prospective free agent is show them a video of Ralph and tell them Marv's age - Would you want to commit to your future here? I know money talks but if the dollars are close Buffalo will lose more than they will win in my opinion.

4. The draft is very important, but there are too many holes to be filled via the draft.

3.) I agree, we probably are not the most attractive place to go for a free agent. Somehow, we gotta get an Olineman or two in here one way or another before the draft for the simple reason that we have to give our QB a chance to develope(no, I don't mean Holcomb). If JP doesn't show promise behind a line that performs well we will know whether or not to address the position. I wouldn't hurt to be safe and get one in here this year just in case. Let's hope for some solid signings in the coming days and weeks.

3)  I am happy about the CBA, but it probably hurt the Bills in 06. Now, other teams have room to sign players instead of cutting them. The way I see things, our chances of getting quality free agents this year are not great. However, we DO draft early, and we have an extra pick. I am hoping (for the first time ever) for a trade down. I am willing to sit through another losing season if I must. We need young blood on both lines and more. In 07, we will probably pick close to where we are now AND have even more cap space (especially if we cut Moulds now) to bring in first rate UFAs. Realistically, we are 2 years away, and this is assuming that JP will be a good qb.

622070[/snapback]

A trade down would be a good idea, if we could find a trade partner that is willing and/or able to give us an additional high round (2nd or 3rd) pick for swapping first round picks. If we do trade down, Tamba Hali would be a great option. He'd address our (lack of a) strong side pass rush, and could give us a solid run support LDE. Manny Lawson of NC State would be another interesting prospect if a trade down is in the cards. If we're able to get an additional 2nd round pick in the process, I'd love to see us go after Nick Mangold and, possibly, either Max Jean-Gilles (if he falls a bit to the mid/late 2nd) or Charles Spencer @ guard.

In a trade down, I also like Hali, Lawson, and Bunkley R. Rich. I thinking more and more this is the way to go if at all possible. We need the right deal to do it though. I stand firm on another 2nd rounder.

622268[/snapback]

Only if Fewell is dead set on 3 technique DTs would I even consider Bunkley, because he fits that style way more than Haloti Ngata, who's more of the 2 gapper that I thought we needed.

Hali is my preference, and I would want Ngata over Bunkley at 8 for sure. You still gotta stop the run, and Ngata probably does it better than any tackle in the draft.

622282[/snapback]

From a value standpoint, I just feel we can do better by addressing DT in free agency and then using the 8th pick (should we not end up trading down) on a stud DB like Huff or a TE like Davis. If we were to draft Ngata, what free agent DB could we reasonably find in Huff's caliber or a TE in Davis'?

From a value standpoint, I just feel we can do better by addressing DT in free agency and then using the 8th pick (should we not end up trading down) on a stud DB like Huff or a TE like Davis.  If we were to draft Ngata, what free agent DB could we reasonably find in Huff's caliber or a TE in Davis'?

622292[/snapback]

Even if we adress both lines via FA I'd still go after big bodies early and often in the draft.

Build a solid foundation and you'll have a competitive team year after year.

Even if we adress both lines via FA I'd still go after big bodies early and often in the draft.

622302[/snapback]

Well, considering how I've harped on the OL here for years, I concur w/ that statement. However, if we are fortunate enough to come out of FA w/ Kemoeatu and Pickett @ tackle, and if I kept the 8th pick in the draft, there's no way I'd bring in another DT, especially @ a high salary. So, I'd look elsewhere w/ the pick. OL? Well, you could go tackle, but what OT would I take w/ the 8th pick? There's only one, and he's probably not going to be available w/ that pick (Ferguson). A trade down? Maybe someone like Eric Winston, Jeremy Trueblood, or Jonathan Scott would be a consideration, but it would depend on where we're trading to. If we're dropping down a few spots, I sure as heck would hope we're not passing on Hali for any of those OTs.

That is the first coherent quote I see on this board, since all this draft and free agent talk has started. Build for the NOW well building for the FUTURE. Great post.

Well, considering how I've harped on the OL here for years, I concur w/ that statement.  However, if we are fortunate enough to come out of FA w/ Kemoeatu and Pickett @ tackle, and if I kept the 8th pick in the draft, there's no way I'd bring in another DT, especially @ a high salary.  So, I'd look elsewhere w/ the pick.  OL?  Well, you could go tackle, but what OT would I take w/ the 8th pick?  There's only one, and he's probably not going to be available w/ that pick (Ferguson).  A trade down?  Maybe someone like Eric Winston, Jeremy Trueblood, or Jonathan Scott would be a consideration, but it would depend on where we're trading to.  If we're dropping down a few spots, I sure as heck would hope we're not passing on Hali for any of those OTs.

622315[/snapback]

Well I'd look for DE help, I know people don't like Kiawanuka because of his poor showing in the Senior Bowl, but the guy has tremendous upside and talent, Tamba Hali is another option. Motor AND talent, I really like him.

Maybe we would have to trade down to get these two to feel that you didn'tt reach for them, but if you think they're going to be good players down the road why not draft them (remember Levy Jones)