Tagliabue just said this years cap is....

With Mike Williams' and possibly Eric Moulds' contracts off the books in 2007 Buffalo should be a huge player in free agency the next two years.

621816[/snapback]

With many other teams. :blink:

The problem is I think regardless of what the cap number is the Bills will spend under it.  They would have actually been better off with the 90 something million number.

621838[/snapback]

The way I understood it, if they spend under the "official" cap number, they don't get any help from the revenue-sharing deal. Like Jones et al. have said - why should they pay more so the Bill Bidwills of the world can afford to be cheap?

Lower revenue teams that spend to the cap in current year and/or over in cap dollars in future years get revenue sharing money. It would make zero sense not to spend as much as allowed and having the best team possible every year.

The way I understood it, if they spend under the "official" cap number, they don't get any help from the revenue-sharing deal. Like Jones et al. have said - why should they pay more so the Bill Bidwills of the world can afford to be cheap?

621848[/snapback]

Well the way I understand it is that deal hasn't been signed yet. Plus there's got to be a range where teams can be in.

Nate Clements agent is doing the jig right now. His long term deal price definately just went up.

621857[/snapback]

I don't thinkk Nate is. I bet he's pissed and plays like a pansy all next year so he doesn't get injured. Then he will be doing the jig :blink:

621848[/snapback]

i think that is pretty fair......................that has always been one of the things george steinbrenner of the yanks always had with the luxury tax in baseball.....................he would give the lesser teams money and they would pocket it and not put it into payroll or teams interest.i know baseball and football are very different and baseball does not have a mininum salary a team must spend,but its is still the same basic principal.i love the bills and i think the high revenue teams shouldn't be able to spend big money that the small market teams cannot afford to do like..................buying the elite coaches and and having all the scouts....i just think over a hundred million dollar payroll is alot of money.and 7 million dollar a year esculators can hurt a small market team,but it is fair if you dont spend it all that you dont get a sort of rebate either lol.go bills in'06

Well the way I understand it is that deal hasn't been signed yet.  Plus there's got to be a range where teams can be in.

621858[/snapback]

From Tags: low-revenue teams can't draw from the fund until they've spent up to the midpoint between the salary cap and the "cash over cap" numbers.

Of course, we don't have yet have any idea where that "cash over cap" thingy stands. Hopefully it'll be a reasonable percentage, set low enough so that Dannyboy $nyder and his ilk can't hand out all those megabucks "signing bonuses" designed solely to circumvent the cap rules...