Ralph better start think of new ways of making $$$

He voted no because he didn't understand the proposal and didn't like that they were forced to make a vote in 45 minutes

621815[/snapback]

Good points, and I would add another: He knew the vote would be positive, but he and Brown decided to make a statement on behalf of small market teams. In any electoral process, it is quite possible to vote no but still be willing to accept the result, and it is also important to avoid unanimity, lest people forget that there are still contrasting opinions.

The important thing is that the negotiations resulted in an agreement, and a catastrophe has been averted

To my mind, the people who have their panties in a bunch over Ralph's comments and no vote are indulging in a favorite WNY pastime, snatching gloom from the jaws of relief. :rolleyes:

Go Bills!

Good points, and I would add another: He knew the vote would be positive, but he and Brown decided to make a statement on behalf of small market teams. In any electoral process, it is quite possible to vote no but still be willing to accept the result, and it is also important to avoid unanimity, lest people forget that there are still contrasting opinions.

622059[/snapback]

That is plausible. There could also have been an agreement before hand among the small market teams. Ralph and Brown were willing to fall on their swords for principle etc. Pure speculation, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Would hope that Ralph would have a better explanation ready for the media though...

That is plausible.  There could also have been an agreement before hand among the small market teams.  Ralph and Brown were willing to fall on their swords for principle etc.  Pure speculation, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Would hope that Ralph would have a better explanation ready for the media though...

622086[/snapback]

I'm with you there. Ralph, like any CEO (or President of the USA) should be more careful in front of open mikes. Not many people are as good off the cuff as they think they are....