SI's Top 10 all time best FA signings.

Top ten pictorial.

We made the list!!!!  Wow. :blink:

621679[/snapback]

I am kind of conflicted. Paup had a great season, but I think he was one of the more overrated Bills in recent history...Bruce was really the heart of that defense...Paup benefitted a lot from Smith...still though, nice to see something positive about the Bills, even if it happened 10 years ago!

I am kind of conflicted.  Paup had a great season, but I think he was one of the more overrated Bills in recent history...Bruce was really the heart of that defense...Paup benefitted a lot from Smith...still though, nice to see something positive about the Bills, even if it happened 10 years ago!

621699[/snapback]

I'm sorry but I dont agree

Bruce was just hanging around when Paup came in......

actually bruce was hanging in for awhile haha........heck Hansen made bruce look good after the superbowls

dont get me wrong I love bruce.....but he played way too long

I'm sorry but I dont agree

Bruce was just hanging around when Paup came in......

actually bruce was hanging in for awhile haha........heck Hansen made bruce look good after the superbowls

dont get me wrong I love bruce.....but he played way too long

621708[/snapback]

Nope, untrue and factually incorrect. Bruce played some of his best football 1995 thru 1998. When Paup came here he benefitted very heavily to the attention Bruce was drawing from the opposition. Where I noticed the slippage in Bruce was actually in 1999 when his pressures dropped and began to look only excellent instead of almost super-human. When he was let go in 2000, it was time.

On another note, I believe the signing of Ted Washington was far bigger to the Bills than was the one year wonder Paup. But hey, thats just my opinion. The Speilman signing could have been had Speilman's neck not given out. I loved watching that insane genius play.

Would claiming off waivers be the same as free agency?  I suspect the category is different but Jack Kemp from San Diego has to be the best $100 transaction the bills ever made.

622123[/snapback]

Excellent point. My guess, considering the players mentioned in this piece, is that they're referring to the current free agency structure. In that case, I agree w/ most of their list.