The NFL is on the clock...Tags tries to save..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2358857

This is a very good story from John "Gazoo" Clayton. Paul Tagliabue has been painted by many as an incompetant shadow of Pete Rozelle. But it sounds like he is trying to be a leader, along with Gene Upshaw, and prevent the new generation of NFL owners from making the same mistakes of the past.

Arrogance and ego prevent the likes of Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft to admit that the Wilsons, Rooneys and Hunts can teach them anything. Tagliabue looks like he is doing his best to get them to listen.

PTR

If and when this new CBA gets ratified, and it is favorable to the smaller revenue teams, this will yet again be a hall of fame credential to ralph wilson.

On sportscenter, i heard mort describing how it was symbolic that jerry and ralph were walking in the hotel together. Then he described how ralph was getting pissed at jerry, and jerry said "not out here ralph". We all make our jokes, we all speculate as to what's still upstairs, we all joke about the suit and tie combo for the back to back press confererences, but ralph still can play the game.

It's a tough rock and a hard place for bigger revenue team owners. As Al Davis said in taking a deal, they litterally are giving money away to the smaller revenue owners. However, if they maintain their pride and nix this deal, they are going to give even more money away if it results in a work stoppage.

In the end the owners seem to have a choice between not being as rich as they could be under the current deal or since the current deal is not going to be a reality after 2007 and a work stoppage becomes likely the teams actually may become poor.

I think unless individual owners are so rich they can pay for having their pride. I think they take the deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2358857

This is a very good story from John "Gazoo" Clayton.  Paul Tagliabue has been painted by many as an incompetant shadow of Pete Rozelle.  But it sounds like he is trying to be a leader, along with Gene Upshaw, and prevent the new generation of NFL owners from making the same mistakes of the past.

Arrogance and ego prevent the likes of Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft to admit that the Wilsons, Rooneys and Hunts can teach them anything.  Tagliabue looks like he is doing his best to get them to listen.

PTR

620903[/snapback]

One thing scares me. Al Davis sides with Tags.

One thing scares me.  Al Davis sides with Tags.

621034[/snapback]

Its when Al starts siding with Lamar Hunt that we know the apocalypse is at hand. I truly believe that the only way Al Davis can die a happy man is if he kills Lamar Hunt...WITH the Lamar Hunt trophy, then got taken out in a hail of bullets by the police. A fitting end...for a crazy, crazy man.