Bruins vs Sabres

If you're going to have to face them, the first round is the time.

620799[/snapback]

I don't mind who the Sabres face in the first or any round. They get zero respect and that's just the way I like it.

I think Rory Fitzpatrick looks like an all-star compared to Hal Gill and Brian "I should have retired" Leetch. If you ask me, I think Lydman was the worst Sabre D-man tonight.

I don't mind who the Sabres face in the first or any round.  They get zero respect and that's just the way I like it. 

I think Rory Fitzpatrick looks like an all-star compared to Hal Gill and Brian "I should have retired" Leetch.  If you ask me, I think Lydman was the worst Sabre D-man  tonight.

620804[/snapback]

I didn't see the first period but I can tell you that this was typical RF.

Screened his own goalie when there wasn't a Bruin within 10 feet of the blue, resulting in a goal.

Pinches, getting the puck but instead of getting it deep turns it over resulting in a 2-on-1. IN THE THIRD PERIOD!

Takes TWO third period penalties (the first because Samsanov faked him out of his shorts about two strides inside the blue line).

Dude drives me nuts.

Gill sucks. He's just too old school and has a ton of trouble against today's forwards without being able to hold. He got away with about five interference penalties tonight.

Leetch was stuck with a rookie most of the night.

Poor Jack and Brick.  Heading home with no points.  Damn officials.  Sabres record vs Bruins:  5-0 this season.  Maybe they bring out the Sesame St/Pooh jerseys for the next go around.  Then we can wear our "can you see our logo from Pennsyltucky?" thirds for the all time worst NHL sweater matchup ever.

620794[/snapback]

AAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!! MY EYES !!!!!!!

:w00t:

(Although I'd still have to lean towards the Canucks' late-70s Halloween costumes in any worst-dressed vote... must be something about yellow jerseys, they all seem to suck.)

Nice win for your Swordsmen, BTW.

I didn't see the first period but I can tell you that this was typical RF. 

Screened his own goalie when there wasn't a Bruin within 10 feet of the blue, resulting in a goal.

Pinches, getting the puck but instead of getting it deep turns it over resulting in a 2-on-1.  IN THE THIRD PERIOD!

Takes TWO third period penalties (the first because Samsanov faked him out of his shorts about two strides inside the blue line).

Dude drives me nuts. 

Gill sucks.  He's just too old school and has a ton of trouble against today's forwards without being able to hold.  He got away with about five interference penalties tonight.

Leetch was stuck with a rookie most of the night.

620812[/snapback]

I have to admit I am a homer when it comes to Rory, because I am from Rochester, but I know damn well when Kalinin comes back, it's Rory to the bench and I have no problem with that at all.

Remember, everyone bitched about the Sabres grabbing Teppo? I would take him over Leetch anyday. Leetch has been horrible this year, with a rookie or not. He gave the puck away on his own many times tonight.

(Although I'd still have to lean towards the Canucks' late-70s Halloween costumes in any worst-dressed vote... must be something about yellow jerseys, they all seem to suck.)

620817[/snapback]

I'd never seen those before. Holy sh--. They look like leftover costumes from "Logan's Run". :lol:

620817[/snapback]

I agree that those are the all time worst but they never got to face either the Sabres or Bruins to take it to the next level.

Nicely officiated game in Toronto tonight. I literally watched about 10 minutes of the game, saw the not often accomplished "two guys in the box on the same whistle plus a third marginal penalty during the ensuing PP" happen (all of which the Habs killed) and then the "score a goal to get within two while one of your players get's viciously cross checked right in front of the referee but no call". I hope it was more even that what I saw.

I'd never seen those before.  Holy sh--.  They look like leftover costumes from "Logan's Run".  :w00t:

620823[/snapback]

I believe they were the original McDonalds uniforms transformed into hockey unis.