LAMP- Going to Jamaica in a few days...

Friday morning bright and early I'm off to Jamiaca for a week for spring break. We'll be staying in Montego Bay right on 7 mile beach the whole week. All together, there will be around 20 of my fraternity brothers as well as a group of about 10 girls (a few girlfriends, their friends, etc). Each room has 3-4 people and our deal is all inclusive from 10 am to 10 pm. We got a GREAT deal so anything we get out of the all inclusive is just an added benefit (us out of shape boozehounds won't be too picky about our food and alcohol :) )

It has the makings of a legendary spring break trip. Just wondering if anyone had been there before and had general advice. How expensive are drinks and cover charges at bars? Should I be exchanging currency, or is U.S. easier? Any "must do" day trips to waterfalls, jungles, etc. (I'm talking legit/safe tours as I don't plan on soliciting an island tour from some dude off the street and ending up dead in a field or something) I'll probably do some "recreational smoking" down there so for all ahem.."smokers", are there really lots of undercovers? Is it safe to smoke in the open, or keep it in the room? I've been to the Carribean and Central America before so I have an idea of what to expect, but just looking for any insider advice about Jamaica. All suggestions are greatly appreciated :P

doh! meant flying into MoBay and staying in Negril. Studying for 3 tests tomorrow and this looming trip got my brain fried!

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)

If a guy offers to "stuff" the small souvenier you purchased in the back alley shop, don't do it, or if you do, make sure you get rid of it before going through US Customs on return to the US.

Just some easy advice.

I went to Negril twice for spring break. It is amazing there. People are really cool and it is beautiful. I definitely recommend the waterfall tour, someone at your hotel will be able to help you with that. Another thing if you might want to try is the mushroom tea. :) Just don't plan on being social or don't try flying home (I saw one kid try this and he totally freaked out). People will come up you on the beach and offer you everything. (I mean everything). Be careful with the people you deal with. My advice is to find a guy who can be your main guy. At my hotel, we had a guy who would get us everything and be our drive. Cliff jumping at Rick's is another must. All in all, you are in for a great time. It's not like Cancun and just a drunken orgy (though happy hour is like every two hours), but in my opinion, it is a better all around experience. Let me know if you need any more advice. You are in for a great time and you be drinking any rum for a while after. :P

P.S. Do you remember any blond twins from Miami? I met them in Jamaica a couple a years ago.

Well, finally my spring break is officially underway. Had 3 tests earlier today/yesterday (wed) so no new school crap to worry about. Today marks one of my favorite "holidays" of the year here at school: Green Beer Day. Basically, I'm heading out to a party now, then to the bars that open at 4 or 5 am today. Everyone drinks all day/night then leaves for spring break tomorrow. Good thing I can miss my 2 classes today! If you're bored check out this site: www.greenbeerday.com Read the history section. It's a pretty interesting tradition and fun as hell to take part in! Might not get back on here till I get back next week, so here's hoping to a couple good FA signings! Go Bills!