David Glimour's new album

Run and get Glimour's new album. Been listening all morning, great stuff.

That is if you are a big Pink Floyd fan like X.Benedict. Forget drive-ins - this man would sneak into an R rated movie (Pink Floyd the Wall) at the age of 13. His fake mustache made the women sweat.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is if you are a big Pink Floyd fan like X.Benedict.  Forget drive-ins - this man would sneak into an R rated movie (Pink Floyd the Wall) at the age of 13. His fake mustache made the women sweat.

620213[/snapback]

Do you happen to have any sort of time frame on when you might be changing your avatar?

Do you not find me sexy?

620222[/snapback]

Of course I do....we all do. I just always have the strange sensation to find a dart when I see that avatar, and it scares me.

That is if you are a big Pink Floyd fan like X.Benedict.  Forget drive-ins - this man would sneak into an R rated movie (Pink Floyd the Wall) at the age of 13. His fake mustache made the women sweat.

620213[/snapback]

I'd like to get it and the new Van. What era of Floyd would you copmpare it to?

Wow, the years have not been good to Eddie.....That's probably the first pic I've seen of him in quite a while....pretty bad! How's David Lee Roth's hair these days? Last time I saw the guy he needed a dose of Michael Bolton.

For all Floyd fans out there, try to get your hands on the Pink Floyd "Pulse" Dvd. It's a Dvd of the last live show they did (before live 8) somewhere in England. It's freakin unreal. 2 disks, well over 2 hours long. On disc 2, they do Darkside all the way through followed by an encore of : wish you were here, an UNREAL performance of comfortably numb (prob 9 or so min long), and end it all with run like hell. A couple of my buddies have it and it's hard to get a hold of I guess. I think they ordered it from Europe. I saw somewhere that it will be released later in the year here in the US with some added stuff. Definitely worth the $.

Wow, the years have not been good to Eddie.....That's probably the first pic I've seen of him in quite a while....pretty bad!  How's David Lee Roth's hair these days? Last time I saw the guy he needed a dose of Michael Bolton.

620272[/snapback]

Sammy Hagar's restaurant (Tres Agaves) is right across the street from my office in SF. It's OK. Doesn't SUCK, but nothing special, IMO. Haven't seen Sammy there, yet.

For all Floyd fans out there, try to get your hands on the Pink Floyd "Pulse" Dvd. It's a Dvd of the last live show they did (before live 8) somewhere in England. It's freakin unreal. 2 disks, well over 2 hours long. On disc 2, they do Darkside all the way through followed by an encore of : wish you were here, an UNREAL performance of comfortably numb (prob 9 or so min long), and end it all with run like hell. A couple of my buddies have it and it's hard to get a hold of I guess. I think they ordered it from Europe. I saw somewhere that it will be released later in the year here in the US with some added stuff. Definitely worth the $.

620302[/snapback]

Pulse was massively marketed after the Division Bell Tour.

Regarding David Gilmour's new CD - I will pick that up today. I like Floyd way too much for my own good. About two years ago I bought a great DVD of a concert Gilmour gave in England. Bob Geldof and Robert Wyatt appear on it doing Roger's part of Comfortably Numb. Richard Wright appears performing from his 1997 solo album, which I really like.

Here is a link about theConcert with David Gilmour.

Sammy Hagar's restaurant (Tres Agaves) is right across the street from my office in SF.  It's OK.  Doesn't SUCK, but nothing special, IMO.  Haven't seen Sammy there, yet.

620306[/snapback]

I know it's not a real popular thing to say, but I actually really liked Van Haggar.....Sammy's voice is HUGE. As for the hair thing, Dave can only wish he had Sammy's hair.....I think the last time I saw Dave was on a Howard Stern show on E! tv.....the guy was thin on top and crazy long on the sides....looked ridiculous. Bolton had the same thing going, but had the sense to cut it short. Sometimes I wonder who advises these people....you'd think that along with celebrity status would come some sort of assistant with good taste in appearance and grooming. :w00t:

I know it's not a real popular thing to say, but I actually really liked Van Haggar.....Sammy's voice is HUGE. As for the hair thing, Dave can only wish he had Sammy's hair.....I think the last time I saw Dave was on a Howard Stern show on E! tv.....the guy was thin on top and crazy long on the sides....looked ridiculous. Bolton had the same thing going, but had the sense to cut it short. Sometimes I wonder who advises these people....you'd think that along with celebrity status would come some sort of assistant with good taste in appearance and grooming.  :w00t:

620446[/snapback]

They all look pretty stupid, if you ask me. I was never a fan of Van Halen in ANY of its configurations. But, Sammy is far better than DLR, IMO.

They all look pretty stupid, if you ask me.  I was never a fan of Van Halen in ANY of its configurations.  But, Sammy is far better than DLR, IMO.

620453[/snapback]

wow, you think so? That's nice to hear....seems like most everyone likes Dave as the front man better than Sammy. DLR is more interesting, but I think Sammy is clearly more talented.

They all look pretty stupid, if you ask me.  I was never a fan of Van Halen in ANY of its configurations.  But, Sammy is far better than DLR, IMO.

620453[/snapback]

Take it back that is just crazy talk. Van Halen without David Lee Roth is like Pink Floyd without David Glimour!

Take it back that is just crazy talk. Van Halen without David Lee Roth is like Pink Floyd without David Glimour!

620461[/snapback]

Well, as I said, I think Van Halen sucks in all of it's iterations. And DLR is the king of sucking. He's a poor man's Jim Dandy.

Sammy reminds me of Melissa Etheridge...that ain't good! Anyone ever see them in the same room? At least DLR had the good sense to realize that he was only marginally talented...his cameo on the "Sopranos" was better than anything Van Halen did after he left!

620453[/snapback]

That's crazy talk Dean :w00t: For me, VH with DLR rocked. Couldn't really get into Sammy with VH. And definitley not with GC.