Sox With Sandals, do you.......

It's not wholly uncommon for men to wear pants that are similar to women's capri pants when at the beach or on boat, especially after the sun sets. The locals refer to them as clam diggers and they're actually quite comfortable.

As far as socks and sandals, I wear sandals a lot, but never with socks. But if someone else wants to wear socks with sandals I don't care much. I'd rather see socks than some of the funky feet and crust-laden toes and toenails I see on tourons, creatures that are part tourist, part moron. They appear to be indigineous to New Jersey and migrate to Virginia Beach every summer.

It's not wholly uncommon for men to wear pants that are similar to women's capri pants when at the beach or on boat, especially after the sun sets. 

620553[/snapback]

Yea...and that's not good. Clam diggers...not a good look for a straight man.

Sandalls with shorts are fine, IMO...depending on the sandalls.

You can actually get golf sandals with rubber cleats on them. Not my gig, but I see a lot of guys wearing them.

linkydoo

620531[/snapback]

I bought a pair two seasons ago and they are very comfortable. The problem is that you get all kinds of dirt, grass, and sand on your feet and inbetween the straps. I'm not exactly a "clean" golfer -- I don't hit every fairway and green, so I'm all over the terrain. Try walking 18 holes with sand rubbing between a strap and your skin. :w00t:

I went back to traditional golf shoes last year, but I still have my "golf sandals" if the mood strikes.

I wear shower-shoes/sandals around the house lots and often to the store and whatnot. They're comfortable, and I could really give a sh-- if people don't like them. But no, I don't wear socks with them b/c that's gay.

The kicker at Yale wears them year-round. Might be the only D-I kicker left who kicks barefoot. Sandals toughen up the feet to the weather. Cool article here.