Offseason Moves-All Very Realistic

Rd 1

Michael Huff Texas

Jimmy Williams VA Tech

Vernon Davis Maryland

*Should go without saying that if there is anyway in the world that we can get DaBrick I think that is the number 1 option.

*Vernon Davis is the best TE prospect to come out in over a decade I would think and could completely revolutionize our offense...with him and Everett our team would be very tough to cover...I think we should retain Josh Reed and give him one more chance (I have seen him listed on many sites as a Free Agent to take a chance on for other teams)

*Huff and Williams are both great S/CB prospects that would give us great options in the secondary, both are tremebdous playmakers with blazing speed and the ability to deliver a thundering blow. The only knock on Williams is about attitude. As a lifelong Hokie I know for a fact this kid is someone you want on your team, he came back for his senior year, when he would have been the number 1 corner last year in the draft just for a shot at the national title, and then the getting thrown out of the Bowl game this year was bogus, he barely touched the ref, and it was more incidental then anything if you watched the replay, and was a clear overreaction by the ref.

Rd 2

DT Claude Wroten LSU

*I think after reading several write ups about this guy, he is exactly what Jurons/Fewells defense calls for from their DT's. Every write up I read says how he is a gap pentrator that flys to the ball, and delivers great pressure, but is somewhat undersized to eat up blocks. That is word for word what Marv and Dick have said that they want from their DTs. He is our man, and with him most likely available in the gives us 1st round options.

*I think along with attempting to sign one of the Rams DT or Rocky Bernard from Seattle, and resigning Ron Edwards we would then be set up front.

Rd 3

*I think this clearly where we go with the two best OL prospects left on the board.

*Ideally I would like to see

Daryn Colledge Bosie State OR Jeremy Trueblood Boston College

or

Max-Jean Giles Georgia (Pretty far stretch he will still available)

Other players to consider

A) Flyer on a QB like Omar Jacobs

B) WR option like Mike Haas Oregon State

C) Best LB available

*Not going to go past Round 3, basically a crap shoot after that

Free Agency

1) DT needs to be addressed

*Rocky Bernard is the first choice - also the type of DT for our new system

*Either of the Rams DTs are the second choice

2) OLine help his needed

*Realistic first choice should defintiely be Kevin Scaheffer from Atlanta. Many sources have him pegged to be on the verge of becoming a perennial Pro Bowler, and should be within our spending limitations.

3) WR Help

*Antonio Bryant is only 24 and had a breakout year last year, should be highly considered to star opposite Lee Evans. Was once considered a sure star in the NFL coming out of Pittsburgh.

4) Safety Help

*Tank Williams Tennessee

-Realistically he should be the number one option the Bills pursue at Safety, Chris Hope is nice but is really not that much of an upgrade for the payday that he is sure to demand. Tank is a 4 year starter in Tennesse and young, should be a great option in Juron's Cover 2.

The #8 is a landmark pick for ML. Taking a TE in the 1st when the lines are a mess would be public relations suicide.

620159[/snapback]

No one most likely available at pick number 8 would fit our plan or is worthy of the number 8 pick.

Also you are completely discounting FA moves. Nagata is not the kind of player for the scheme we are trying to employ. Wroten is exactly that type player, and is going to most likely available to us in Round 2. You get one of the Rams DTs in FA or Bernard from Seattle, and then take Wroten and resign Edwards. You now have your DTs for your scheme.

Also the D line and the OLine were addressed with the next 3 picks in my plan. You dont pass up a once in a decade TE, especially the way the league is now, just because you want to force something that isnt there.

If Da Brick is a possibility then of course you do that.

The #8 is a landmark pick for ML. Taking a TE in the 1st when the lines are a mess would be public relations suicide.

620159[/snapback]

Not if they address the line in FA. Davis is a FREAK. I also don't think, and have read, that Tank Williams is not a Cover 2 type safety.

The thing is, with the 8th pick, with the exception of D'Brick, I don't think there is any OL prospect worth that spot...

So what do you do? We are not going to find our interior O-lineman at 8... and it is my humble opinion that with Peters/Gandy/FA we should be fine at the 2 OT spots... so again what do you do at 8?

It is my belief that if you have a top 10 pick, you go for the BPA. If this BPA happens to be a need position, fine...

So, with our first pick, you get your top rank player overall, be it Davis, Huff, Ngata or whatever... if there is a blue-chipper, once-in-a-decade, can't-miss player, you take him!

Then, with our 2nd & 2 3rd rounders you go for these interior O-lineman that we need (there should be a few available : Mangold, Joseph, Jean-Giles, etc...)

And of course, there is always FA...

Rd 1

Michael Huff Texas

Jimmy Williams VA Tech

Vernon Davis Maryland

*Should go without saying that if there is anyway in the world that we can get DaBrick I think that is the number 1 option.

*Vernon Davis is the best TE prospect to come out in over a decade I would think and could completely revolutionize our offense...with him and Everett our team would be very tough to cover...I think we should retain Josh Reed and give him one more chance (I have seen him listed on many sites as a Free Agent to take a chance on for other teams)

*Huff and Williams are both great S/CB prospects that would give us great options in the secondary, both are tremebdous playmakers with blazing speed and the ability to deliver a thundering blow.  The only knock on Williams is about attitude.  As a lifelong Hokie I know for a fact this kid is someone you want on your team, he came back for his senior year, when he would have been the number 1 corner last year in the draft just for a shot at the national title, and then  the getting thrown out of the Bowl game this year was bogus, he barely touched the ref, and it was more incidental then anything if you watched the replay, and was a clear overreaction by the ref.

Rd 2

DT Claude Wroten LSU

*I think after reading several write ups about this guy, he is exactly what Jurons/Fewells defense calls for from their DT's.  Every write up I read says how he is a gap pentrator that flys to the ball, and delivers great pressure, but is somewhat undersized to eat up blocks.  That is word for word what Marv and Dick have said that they want from their DTs.  He is our man, and with him most likely available in the gives us 1st round options.

*I think along with attempting to sign one of the Rams DT or Rocky Bernard from Seattle, and resigning Ron Edwards we would then be set up front.

Rd 3

*I think this clearly where we go with the two best OL prospects left on the board.

*Ideally I would like to see

Daryn Colledge Bosie State OR Jeremy Trueblood Boston College

or

Max-Jean Giles Georgia (Pretty far stretch he will still available)

Other players to consider

A) Flyer on a QB like Omar Jacobs

B) WR option like Mike Haas Oregon State

C) Best LB available

*Not going to go past Round 3, basically a crap shoot after that

Free Agency

1) DT needs to be addressed

*Rocky Bernard is the first choice - also the type of DT for our new system

*Either of the Rams DTs are the second choice

2) OLine help his needed

*Realistic first choice should defintiely be Kevin Scaheffer from Atlanta. Many sources have him pegged to be on the verge of becoming a perennial Pro Bowler, and should be within our spending limitations.

3) WR Help

*Antonio Bryant is only 24 and had a breakout year last year, should be highly considered to star opposite Lee Evans. Was once considered a sure star in the NFL coming out of Pittsburgh.

4) Safety Help

*Tank Williams Tennessee

-Realistically he should be the number one option the Bills pursue at Safety, Chris Hope is nice but is really not that much of an upgrade for the payday that he is sure to demand.  Tank is a 4 year starter in Tennesse and young, should be a great option in Juron's Cover 2.

620130[/snapback]

Thanks for the info on J Williams. He seems to have gotten lost in the discussion and if its based on ONLY that one play, then it's BS, IMO.

BTW, not to be too picky but I don't think Marv and Dick specified "somewhat undersized to eat up blocks" as what they were looking for in a DT. But, your point is taken.

Interesting. I'm still going to Ngata at eight, but I loved your flyer quarterback, Omar Jacobs. He was my sleeper for a mid round pick (NOW YOU'VE BLOWN IT AND the DOLPHINS WILL READ THIS AND TAKE HIM!!!! :w00t: ) I could live with your proposal if we could gaurantee how all the options played out. Unfortunately we can't...so I'm going to take care of either DT or OT in the first round.

Thanks for the info on J Williams.  He seems to have gotten lost in the discussion and if its based on ONLY that one play, then it's BS, IMO.

BTW, not to be too picky but I don't think Marv and Dick specified "somewhat undersized to eat up blocks" as what they were looking for in a DT.  But, your point is taken.

620470[/snapback]

That was somewhat confusing what I wrote...

I meant to write that Wroten is pegged as a DT that flies off the ball, is a great one gap penetrator, who gets in the backfield and gets pressure on the QB. And is considered too undersized to be a guy who eats up space and blocks up front, he IS NOT considered to be a big Sam Adams, Pat Williams type DT. Marv and Dick did say that one of the reasons that they cut Sam Adams was that they are looking for smaller more athletic DT that fly to the ball. In that light Nagata does not fit what they are said to be lookign for or fit the cover 2 style of DT. That was my point behind the fact we will not select Nagata.

I meant to write that Wroten is pegged as a DT that flies off the ball, is a great one gap penetrator, who gets in the backfield and gets pressure on the QB.  And is considered too undersized to be a guy who eats up space and blocks up front, he IS NOT considered to be a big Sam Adams, Pat Williams type DT.  Marv and Dick did say that one of the reasons that they cut Sam Adams was that they are looking for smaller more athletic DT that fly to the ball.  In that light Nagata does not fit what they are said to be lookign for or fit the cover 2 style of DT. That was my point behind the fact we will not select Nagata.

620543[/snapback]

Wroten is worth a long look..

I also don't think, and have read, that Tank Williams is not a Cover 2 type safety.

620173[/snapback]

You're right, he's not. The SS in a Cover-2 has to play more like a FS than a LB. The Titans employ the modified 46 scheme and drafted Williams as a SS who plays a lot of run support. Lawyer Milloy is that type of SS too, which is probably one of the reasons why the Patriots and then Bills released him. Coy Wire was drafted by the Bills as a SS because he played LB in college. I don't see how Wire fits into the Bills defense either, especially since he's failed to distinguish himself on D so far.

So what do you do? We are not going to find our interior O-lineman at 8... and it is my humble opinion that with Peters/Gandy/FA we should be fine at the 2 OT spots... so again what do you do at 8?

620454[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? Gandy?!!!!!!! Come on, he's not even decent for a backup

Rd 2

DT Claude Wroten LSU

*I think after reading several write ups about this guy, he is exactly what Jurons/Fewells defense calls for from their DT's.  Every write up I read says how he is a gap pentrator that flys to the ball, and delivers great pressure, but is somewhat undersized to eat up blocks.  That is word for word what Marv and Dick have said that they want from their DTs.

620130[/snapback]

Thank goodness we already have Lauvale Sape on the roster whom our erstwhile DL coordinator called "a penetrator".

You're right, he's not. The SS in a Cover-2 has to play more like a FS than a LB. The Titans employ the modified 46 scheme and drafted Williams as a SS who plays a lot of run support. Lawyer Milloy is that type of SS too, which is probably one of the reasons why the Patriots and then Bills released him. Coy Wire was drafted by the Bills as a SS because he played LB in college. I don't see how Wire fits into the Bills defense either, especially since he's failed to distinguish himself on D so far.

620547[/snapback]

If that is the case, is there any chance we already have our second safety in Rashad Baker, who if I remember correctly played well last year?

I meant to write that Wroten is pegged as a DT that flies off the ball, is a great one gap penetrator, who gets in the backfield and gets pressure on the QB.  And is considered too undersized to be a guy who eats up space and blocks up front, he IS NOT considered to be a big Sam Adams, Pat Williams type DT.  Marv and Dick did say that one of the reasons that they cut Sam Adams was that they are looking for smaller more athletic DT that fly to the ball.  In that light Nagata does not fit what they are said to be lookign for or fit the cover 2 style of DT. That was my point behind the fact we will not select Nagata.

620543[/snapback]

Wroten does indeed fit what we're looking for but he's character is in doubt with the drug charges earlier this year which could cause his draft stock to fall.