A trade amongst friends?

beerme1

And what makes you say that?  :w00t:

Bandwaggoner? I've been a Devils fan since I liked hockey. If I were a bandwaggoner, I'd be hopping on the Rangers' right now.

620858[/snapback]

Because the Devils !@#$ing suck.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think can beat them in a series?

620860[/snapback]

For starters how 'bout Buffalo, Philly, Rangers, Carolina, or Ottawa? And before you get too far ahead of yourself, wouldn't it be wise to wait and see if they even make the playoffs? It's a very real possibility that they don't. I haven't looked at the standings in a couple of days but they're what, in by 4 points with a game in hand?

I don't think they're scarying anyone too much.

For starters how 'bout Buffalo, Philly, Rangers, Carolina, or Ottawa?  And before you get too far ahead of yourself, wouldn't it be wise to wait and see if they even make the playoffs?  It's a very real possibility that they don't.  I haven't looked at the standings in a couple of days but they're what, in by 4 points with a game in hand?

I don't think they're scarying anyone too much.

620864[/snapback]

In a series, they will beat Philly, NYR, Sabres (a joke here), and Carolina.

The only team I see possibly giving them trouble is Ottawa.

Who do you think can beat them in a series?

620860[/snapback]

Yeah, that 12-14 road record will come in real handy in a 7game series. :lol:

And the fact that the NHL is now a skating league really bodes well for them too. :lol::lol:

And Brodeur not being able to go handle the puck is a big plus as well. :lol::lol::lol:

And didn't you get swept by the Flyers in the 1stround in the last NHL playoffs? :w00t:

Boy the stars are really lining up for these guys. :lol::lol::D

And didn't you get swept by the Flyers in the 1stround in the last NHL playoffs?  :w00t: 

620874[/snapback]

Oh yeah, where were the Sabres? :lol:

Tell me, how many cups have you won? :lol::D

We'll see come playoff time. I guarantee the Devils if matche dup against the Sabres, will win. :lol::lol:

In a series, they will beat Philly, NYR, Sabres (a joke here), and Carolina.

The only team I see possibly giving them trouble is Ottawa.

620867[/snapback]

Like I said, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs, and IF they do, the only talent they have not named Brodeur (by that I mean Gionta and Gomez) are small and will be out of gas.

But I'll give you credit. It takes balls to claim that they'll do something in the playoffs that they have been unable to do in the regular season -- which is consistently beat playoff caliber teams. I mean c'mon, they can't even beat the Isles. :w00t:

Like I said, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs, and IF they do, the only talent they have not named Brodeur (by that I mean Gionta and Gomez) are small and will be out of gas. 

But I'll give you credit.  It takes balls to claim that they'll do something in the playoffs that they have been unable to do in the regular season -- which is consistently beat playoff caliber teams.  I mean c'mon, they can't even beat the Isles.  :w00t:

620887[/snapback]

They are 2-1 against your Sabres (2 games in Buffalo), 2-2 against Philly, 1-1 against Ottawa. Not too bad for a team who supposedly stinks... :lol:

BTW, the Sabres are 1-3 against Ottawa...So, does that mean the Sabres can't beat them in a playoff series? Absolutely not. :lol:

Look how the Devils did when Elias came back. They only won 9 in a row. he should be back in a week or two hopefully. He is their spark.

BTW, when was that last cup win? :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They are 2-1 against your Sabres (2 games in Buffalo), 2-2 against Philly, 1-1 against Ottawa. Not too bad for a team who supposedly stinks... :w00t:
Not too good for a team you claim will win the Cup.

BTW, the Sabres are 1-3 against Ottawa...So, does that mean the Sabres can't beat them in a playoff series? Absolutely not.  :lol:
In which part of "consistently beat playoff caliber teams" was I unclear?

Look how the Devils did when Elias came back. They only won 9 in a row. he should be back in a week or two hopefully. He is their spark.
Yup, it's all him, he's the savior. [/sarcasm] They have no real depth (that's fact) and their midgets will be out of gas come playoffs (that's opinion). Brodeur is still good, but he's also two years older. With wide open play and their clutch-and-grab defense now illegal, the Devs won't have the goal support to be able to play with the elite teams in the East (Ottawa, Carolina, Rangers, and Buffalo) come the playoffs.

BTW, when was that last cup win?  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

620891[/snapback]

I'm not sure what's more shocking: That a Bills fan would have the balls to use that line, or how remarkably much you sound like a Cowboys fan whose only argument when it comes to justifying his team's ineptitude is "Yeah but we won a Super Bowl a few years ago."

In any event, you do make a good point. The Devils are better than the Sabres this year because New Jersey won the Cup 3 years ago. :lol:

And what makes you say that?  :w00t:

Call it a hunch.

Bandwaggoner? I've been a Devils fan since I liked hockey. If I were a bandwaggoner, I'd be hopping on the Rangers' right now.

620858[/snapback]

Gee, you're a BILLS fan yet you're not a Sabres fan. You are a fan of a team that has won Stanley Cups in the last 12 years. The only reason you know anything at all about hockey is because you started rooting for a front runner during their heyday. Definition of a Bandwaggoner.

Now pipe down before I layeth the smacketh.

I'm not sure what's more shocking: That a Bills fan would have the balls to use that line, or how remarkably much you sound like a Cowboys fan whose only argument when it comes to justifying his team's ineptitude is "Yeah but we won a Super Bowl a few years ago." 

620898[/snapback]

I only do it because of the loud-mouth, bragging Sabres fans. Act like you've won before!

Gee, you're a BILLS fan yet you're not a Sabres fan.  You are a fan of a team that has won Stanley Cups in the last 12 years.  The only reason you know anything at all about hockey is because you started rooting for a front runner during their heyday.  Definition of a Bandwaggoner.

620924[/snapback]

Gee, it's not like a live in NJ or anything.

I'm also a Mets fan and a Knicks fan. I'm sure front-running there, too... :w00t:

Now pipe down before I layeth the smacketh.

620924[/snapback]

My 5 year old next door neighbor used to run around saying that.

Wanna pick something a little more modern, you roody-poooooooooooooooo. :w00t::lol:

My 5 year old next door neighbor used to run around saying that.

Wanna pick something a little more modern, you roody-poooooooooooooooo.  :)  :P

620930[/snapback]

You know who else doesn't like the Sabres but likes the BILLS and used to scream alot in hockey threads? Baron von Fuktard. Do the math, bandwaggoner.

Ok...not to get in the middle of IBTG81's LAMP about the Devils (because their fans crave attention because they really do not get much here in New Jersey, not saying that is right or wrong, but that is just the way it is).....To all fellow Sabres fans: Dismissing the Devils is a BIG mistake...very BIG mistake...Im sorry, but the reason I fear the Devils in the 1st round or even beyond that is:

1. Brodeur is back on his game...do not look at the overall numbers to determine his season...look at the last 2-3 months for a more accurate assessment.

2. Devils play disciplined hockey and stay out of the box, which will hurt the Sabres because the Sabres strengh is the Powerplay.

3. Devils have a lot of big game experience....something the Sabres do lack in a matchup versus New Jersey.

Listen, Im REALLY fired up about the Sabres this year...what a great year this has been...but let's be realistic here for a second...this Sabres team collectively has proven nothing in the playoffs up to this point.

Tell me, how many cups have you won?  :)  :P

620885[/snapback]

Zero. We know the math.

Difference is, if the Sabres won 3 cups, Buffalo fans would be filling the arena all the time...something the Devils really have trouble doing, even for playoff games.

Very sad.

BTW, when was that last cup win?  :)  :P  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

620891[/snapback]

Are you sure your not actually a Leafs fan? Thats all I hear in southern Ontario when arguing with them.

Atleast a Devils fan can say they have won the cup since Buffalo has been in the league (sorry, just trying to bring this back on topic, Bashing the Leafs)

Are you sure your not actually a Leafs fan? Thats all I hear in southern Ontario when arguing with them.

Atleast a Devils fan can say they have won the cup since Buffalo has been in the league (sorry, just trying to bring this back on topic, Bashing the Leafs)

621021[/snapback]

Then don't you want to add...1967..

:)

I laughed when I saw that line because I thought of the chit between Leaf and Sabres fans at the arena.

But to hear it from a Devil's fan, well what can you say?

2002 or something like that :P

Yes yes, stupid rules!  :w00t:

Well Buffalo can afford him straight up.

Alright then how bout this?

McCabe, Sundin and a seventh round pick for Marty?  :P

But we still end up with McKee next year!! :)

620838[/snapback]

At his price, there is no way I want Sundin. Can't really see much of a reason to trade Marty for a rental (McCabe) either. I'd rather get reasonable draft picks for him that will help Sabres long run than getting a rental that is suspect in his own end.

I can see TO trying to get McKee next year, but IF he leaves Buffalo, wouldn't he want to go to a winner and not a team in salary cap h*ll?

At his price, there is no way I want Sundin.  Can't really see much of a reason to trade Marty for a rental (McCabe) either.  I'd rather get reasonable draft picks for him that will help Sabres long run than getting a rental that is suspect in his own end.

I can see TO trying to get McKee next year, but IF he leaves Buffalo, wouldn't he want to go to a winner and not a team in salary cap h*ll?

621426[/snapback]

I wonder if we could have had a 1rst and 3rd from Edmonton for Marty.