A trade amongst friends?

beerme1

Of course this will not happen but...in my confused brain I propose send Brian McCabe to the Sabres for Marty. McCabe is a UFA this off season and will get 5 mil which Buffalo can afford.

Especially since Jay McKee will sign in Toronto as a UFA :blink:

The Leafs coud really use a goalie because, well you know. :D And what do the Sabres need more than anything in exchange for Biron in hopes of making a cup run? I think McCabe might be just the answer that could get them to the finals again!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course this will not happen but...in my confused brain I propose send Brian McCabe to the Sabres for Marty. McCabe is a UFA this off season and will get 5 mil which Buffalo can afford.

Especially since Jay McKee will sign in Toronto as a UFA  :blink:

The Leafs coud really use a goalie because, well you know.  :D  And what do the Sabres need more than anything in exchange for Biron in hopes of making a cup run?  I think McCabe might be just the answer that could get them to the finals again!

619697[/snapback]

I like Jay Mckee. Mcabe is good offensively but the trade off he is not grade a defensively. Sabres might be better off with what they have. Getting Mcabe might be just a lateral move.

Not a terrible thought...but something tells me I just do not see these two teams making a big trade like this.

McCabe's rocket shot would sure make the Sabres PP even more potent....but also would not want to see Biron go to the Leaf$ and make them better.

McCabe would make 5 mil.?

Thats almost double what the sabres play their top players and there is no way he is worth that amount.

The leafs can keep their garbage players and watch as their hopes and dreams of one day having a colour championship photo pass them by, cause they are not going to make the playoffs no matter how hard they try.

Even if you knew you would win the cup by making this deal? Really?

Or how about this then, Sundin for Biron straight up?

We'll ship McCabe to Vancouver for Bertuzzi and either way, we are still grabbing McKee as UFA this summer.

Oh ya, that Sundin comment will make at least one person here happy.

Silly Leafs fan

Must be tough having to look at the playoffs from the outside, grasping at players that you hope can salvage another disapointing year.

Biron for Sundin? I'd rather get a 7th round pick for Biron. Sundin is a has been. Its bad enough other teams think Buffalo fans are reaching when they think Buffalo could get anything more then a prospect for dealing Biron.

Buffalo can still resign Mckee in the offseason while we have the cap room to one-up any teams offer while the leafs look to rebuild cause most of your "Stars" are about a year away from collecting a pension

Silly Leafs fan

Must be tough having to look at the playoffs from the outside, grasping at players that you hope can salvage another disapointing year.

Biron for Sundin? I'd rather get a 7th round pick for Biron. Sundin is a has been. Its bad enough other teams think Buffalo fans are reaching when they think Buffalo could get anything more then a prospect for dealing Biron.

Buffalo can still resign Mckee in the offseason while we have the cap room to one-up any teams offer while the leafs look to rebuild cause most of your "Stars" are about a year away from collecting a pension

620539[/snapback]

Yes you are familiar with not making the playoffs, sorry it is kind of new to me. We had a good run that always fell short! :lol:

I'm glad you appreciate that McCabe is good value and Sundin is not.

You will not get to re sign Jay. Darcy has pissed on him too many times and the guy is UFA and not likely to forget how Regier has handled him.

p.s. if the Leafs were to pay half of the 6. something due Sundin next year would you take it?

A seventh round pick for Biron? Fine I'll give you that then :w00t:

Yes you are familiar with not making the playoffs, sorry it is kind of new to me. We had a good run that always fell short!  :lol:

I'm glad you appreciate that McCabe is good value and Sundin is not.

You will not get to re sign Jay. Darcy has pissed on him too many times and the guy is UFA and not likely to forget how Regier has handled him.

p.s. if the Leafs were to pay half of the 6. something due Sundin next year would you take it?

A seventh round pick for Biron? Fine I'll give you that then  :w00t:

620549[/snapback]

Not an option under the new CBA.

I love it when Sabres and Leafs fans talk crap...

It must suck though, when the realization sets in that my NJ Devils will win it all, AGAIN!

:w00t:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :lol:

620571[/snapback]

You're dreamin' this year, Eddie.

Not an option under the new CBA.

620651[/snapback]

Yes yes, stupid rules! :lol:

Well Buffalo can afford him straight up.

Alright then how bout this?

McCabe, Sundin and a seventh round pick for Marty? :lol:

But we still end up with McKee next year!! :w00t:

I wouldn't want Sundin or McCabe. If we are going for a d-man, I would make a deal with Ottawa for either Redden or Chara. Ottawa needs a goalie. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Mark Recchi for the playoffs. Tim Connolly is coming back, so Pyatt may be heading to the bench and could be disposable.

You know dick about hockey.  Pipe down, bandwaggoner.

620737[/snapback]

And what makes you say that? :w00t:

Bandwaggoner? I've been a Devils fan since I liked hockey. If I were a bandwaggoner, I'd be hopping on the Rangers' right now.