Who has Coyotes in their area?

This would be offensive if it did not have the whiff of authenticity.

Just wondering, have you ever met an Irish plumber or butcher?

640474[/snapback]

No.

But... The Irish side is on the wife's father. Just a few seconds ago... I get a frantic call at work... Seems she was home today... So I took her car to work so I COULD GAS IT UP on the way home... I was supposed to pick up my son at 4:30... He calls and wants to come home early because his friend isn't staying today in the after school program... That means she has to pick him up in my 1994 New Yorker... Which we affectionately call "The Whale" (ie: "I got a Chrysler... It is as big as a whale, etc... etc... :doh: ) Let me repeat, it is only a '94 LHS type vehicle... It ain't some old Imperial or something... Well... To make a long story short... Don't attempt to give a "modern woman" a crash course over the phone on how to operate your standard/run of the mill column mounted transmission lever... Power seats... Floor mounted e-brakes (don't even use) and other "quality" American engineering are even more confusing...

:doh::huh:

Everybody please say a novena for my 12 year old car... That everything will be okay when I arrive home with a freshly fueled vehicle for my loving wife!

:(<_<

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody please say a novena for my 12 year old car... That everything will be okay when I arrive home with a freshly fueled vehicle for my loving wife!

:doh:  :huh:

640505[/snapback]

I recall an episode of Green Acres - Oliver was teaching Lisa how to drive their big 'ol Lincoln convertible.

She sat down in the driver's side, looked at the steering column, and said "Oliver! What is a prndl ?"

:(

I recall an episode of Green Acres - Oliver was teaching Lisa how to drive their big 'ol Lincoln convertible.

She sat down in the driver's side, looked at the steering column, and said "Oliver! What  is a prndl ?"

:doh:

640515[/snapback]

:( Too funny.

Sorry to stray off topic so much... But, this has been just a classic afternoon... It all started with the power seats... My wife is 5'3, myself... 6'2... There is a "dead spot" in the switch when it goes forward (of course I can move it forward)... I think she had to use a few big pillows... :doh::huh: My daughter (3) was in the back car seat probably having a hoot!

Kinda reminds me of my mother when we had our old Valient... The same exact car was parked next to our car at Harvest The Best on Union in West Seneca... I was about three also... After leaving the supermarket, my mother proceeded to get into the other Valient (of course nobody locked their doors back in 1971)... I was motified of the big german shepard going wild in the back seat... Until my mother figured out what was going on, she couldn't understand why I wouldn't get in!

At least that is what she tells me... Then there is the little thing about old Chrysler keys verses old Ford/GM keys with her also... Why do you think they make double-side keys now?

I was wise beyond my years even then... <_<

At least that is what she tells me... Then there is the little thing about old Chrysler keys verses old Ford/GM keys with her also...  Why do you think they make double-side keys now?

640534[/snapback]

Older Chrysler products weren't exactly generous with their lockset combinations. My brother was a Niagara Falls cop for 35 or so years, and he one day had a Plymouth unmarked car with the dog-dish hubcaps that everyone knows is an unmarked car, and he came out of wherever he was stuffing his face to witness an older lady pulling out of the parking lot with his ride. No lie! :lol:

You can thanks some insurance companies...Nationwide for example has release hundreds in PA to "slow down the deer population" ...now the coyotes have exploded and are looking for "alternative" ways of feeding themselves...

That said, I would love to come and shoot them for you!

We've got a large number here in Chautauqua Co as well....I just missed one this year during bow season...arrow went right between its belly and the ground...6 inches higher and he'd of been done.

619422[/snapback]

We got a ton of them here in Chautauqua County...and you are allowed to shoot them, as long as you follow NYS hunting regulations for discharging firearms. I say, get rid of the damn things.

I think we will reach that point soon.

641250[/snapback]

In Illinois it is year round and there is an huge white tail population here... With the exception of:

No limit.

Coyote (e) and Striped Skunk Year round (Statewide)

Closed Nov. 18, 19 and through 6 p.m. Nov. 20; and closed Dec. 1-3 and through 6 p.m. Dec. 4 in counties open for firearm deer hunting (e) 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset

Open 24 hours during Nov. 10, 2005 - Feb. 15, 2006 (d)

(d) During the Archery Deer Season bow hunting hours for coyote, striped skunk, raccoon, opossum, red fox and gray fox will be 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset

e) Hunters with unfilled firearm deer permits may take coyotes during firearm deer season by shotgun with slugs, muzzleloader or handgun.

Lots of them here... I have also seen red fox (not the comedian :lol: )... Eagles and hawks are making a tremendious comeback in the South Chicago/NW Indiana industrial corridor too.

I caught somewhere that the white tail population is greater now than it was in 1900... I am just waiting for the return of bear, moose and big horn sheep (believe it or not... Before the Native American population, big horn sheep inhabited not just the mountainous American west!) : :lol:  :lol: D

Did I mention I am probably next to a SuperFund site. :lol:

On another note there was a US Today article yesterday about the urban fox population and how it is exploding around London (there are no raccoons in England so the fox does not have to compete and does quite well).

640332[/snapback]

There was a book by a u.s. wildlife officer, who talked about the passenger pigeons migrations and the numbers of birds darkening the skies. And buffalo herds so immense they would darken the horizon with the dust they kicked up.