Who has Coyotes in their area?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of them here... I have also seen red fox (not the comedian :huh: )... Eagles and hawks are making a tremendious comeback in the South Chicago/NW Indiana industrial corridor too.

I caught somewhere that the white tail population is greater now than it was in 1900... I am just waiting for the return of bear, moose and big horn sheep (believe it or not... Before the Native American population, big horn sheep inhabited not just the mountainous American west!) : :(<_< D

Did I mention I am probably next to a SuperFund site. :doh:

On another note there was a US Today article yesterday about the urban fox population and how it is exploding around London (there are no raccoons in England so the fox does not have to compete and does quite well).

I fear for that champion whippet loose in Queens...

:huh:  :(

And Cincy... Did they ever offer a coyote "skinning" merit badge?... I thought  Lord Baden Powell was from England?  I never knew there was the "Silver Skinned Coyote Award."  <_<  :doh:

:doh:

640363[/snapback]

I actually had one for "Reptile Study". Had a cooking merit badge too. Also one for marksmanship (yes, a real live gun) and life saving...had to know how to swim and also how to get someone out of the water and get them breathing again. Canoeing? Not that easy, had to pre requisite both swimming and life saving. But, that was many years ago. Now a days, about the only one that is a boy type thing would be cooking. It's America.

Wildlife has made a great comeback. Growing up it was rare to see a hawk. With the banning of ddt, birds of prey are seen on a regular basis. With hunting liscence fees and the particapation of groups like ducks unlimited and similar outfits, People now get to complain about their bushes being devoured by deer , coons knocking over the trash barrels, fisher cats eating their pets, beers attacking the birdfeeder. Much better then the alternative :doh:

I actually had one for "Reptile Study". Had  a cooking merit badge too. Also one for marksmanship (yes, a real live gun) and life saving...had to know how to swim and also how to get someone out of the water and get them breathing again. Canoeing? Not that easy, had to pre requisite both swimming and life saving. But, that was many years ago. Now a days, about the only one that is a boy type thing would be cooking. It's America.

640377[/snapback]

Exactly... Never did "Reptile Study". The best part of life saving I thought was making floatation out of your clothes.

My son is in his second year of cubs... He wants to go into scouting and I am all for it. I finished as a life scout... Sometimes I regret not getting my Eagle, especially now. Did I mention Bill Gates and "Indiana Jones" were life scouts... :doh::huh:

I did have fun though... Lots of camping and canoe trips... Philmont a couple of times and what not...

My son and I just finished up on his pinewood derby car... Kinda of a sophmore jinx this year... We made a '63 "split window" 'vette fastback... Looks real cool but the center of gravity has to be altered... We clamped two blocks together then cut the vette... Weight was a real issue (to keep it under 5 oz total), we could only add about .3 oz of W to the back axle area... I told him I will route the whole underside out and make it a "fun car" to race next year... We will still design a new racer though. Typical true old vettes... A real sluggard!

:(

Wildlife has made a great comeback. Growing up it was rare to see a hawk. With the banning of ddt, birds of prey are seen on a regular basis. With hunting liscence fees and the particapation of groups like ducks unlimited and similar outfits, People now get to complain about their bushes being devoured by deer , coons knocking over the trash barrels, fisher cats eating their pets, beers attacking the birdfeeder. Much better then the alternative :huh:

640380[/snapback]

Wow! Killer Beers...:doh:

I never trusted that Dooley. :doh:

640426[/snapback]

I'd take you for a Schultz type of guy.

"Schultz was quite Teutonic and reactionary, and he feels that 'beer iss not made de vay it used ta be,"... "and Dooley was a mild, philosophical Irish type of mug, patterned after Barry Fitzgerald in Going My Way."

Did I mention that my son's pinewood derby car was painted green, white, and orange for St. Patrick's day? Had a green shamrock on the roof.

Wow... The internet is a wonderful place isn't it?

:huh:

:doh:

After 1 beer!

It stumbled, sputtered... One wheel came off... It pissed on the track and then fell down belly up.

:huh:

640464[/snapback]

This would be offensive if it did not have the whiff of authenticity.

Just wondering, have you ever met an Irish plumber or butcher?