Is Brees to the 'felons a given?

Tom

If so, their rebuilding was pretty damn short :huh:

618700[/snapback]

Brees is no given for them. Considering the fact that no new CBA was reached, they're on the wrong end of the salary cap spectrum. They'll need to do some serious purging to bring in ol' mole face.

Brees is no given for them. Considering the fact that no new CBA was reached, they're on the wrong end of the salary cap spectrum. They'll need to do some serious purging to bring in ol' mole face.

618705[/snapback]

LOL@MOLE FACE :huh:

And Brees isn't healthy yet.  It also says something when the Chargers are willing to let him walk.  They know him best.

618709[/snapback]

San Diego has made Drew Brees an offer - just not a "Franchise Player" offer.

His medical status is to be determined - by any interested team - there are varied reports about his recovery out here.

The Chargers painted themselves into an almost "Flutie-RJ corner" when they drafted Rivers while still holding the (up to then) disappointing Brees. Rivers probably hurt himself most by his hold-out allowing Brees to "blossom" and giving the Chargers an improbable choice (to be resolved in the future)

His medical status is to be determined - by any interested team - there are varied reports about his recovery out here. 

The Chargers  painted themselves into an almost "Flutie-RJ corner" when they drafted Rivers while still holding the (up to then) disappointing Brees.  Rivers probably hurt himself most by his hold-out allowing Brees to "blossom" and giving the Chargers an improbable choice (to be resolved in the future)

I've heard rumblings that the Chargers aren't convinced Rivers will be an NFL starter, and his end-of-season performance did little to allay those fears. Whether that's true or not, he's got almost NO playing experience, and the team was close to a playoff team this past year. And the Chargers gave Brees a "franchise" tender last year, but not this year. Hmmmm.

Well I'm having surgery on Tuesday for my torn labrum, so I'll have first hand experience of what he's going through, from everything I've researched though it seems like he should be 100% come late July (the labrum is cartilage not a muscle) although he did have some slight rotator cuff damage.

I've heard rumblings that the Chargers aren't convinced Rivers will be an NFL starter, and his end-of-season performance did little to allay those fears.  Whether that's true or not, he's got almost NO playing experience, and the team was close to a playoff team this past year.  And the Chargers gave Brees a "franchise" tender last year, but not this year.  Hmmmm.

618723[/snapback]

Mission Valley "scuttlebutt" -

San Diego was eliminated with one game to play.

Adams wanted Rivers to start the "meaningless" game against the (already) Divison champ Broncos.

Marty S. wanted Brees to continue (?)

Brees gets hurt (badly) and Rivers looks like crap against the horsies after getting very liitle regular season playing time because the Chargers were in so many close games (alright - not Lance Alworth Day).

SNAFU all around :huh:

Mission Valley "scuttlebutt" -

San Diego was eliminated with one game to play.

Adams wanted Rivers to start the "meaningless" game against the (already) Divison champ Broncos.

Marty S. wanted Brees to continue (?)

Brees gets hurt (badly) and Rivers looks like crap against the horsies after getting very liitle regular season playing time because the Chargers were in so many close games (alright - not Lance Alworth Day).

SNAFU all around  :huh:

Fo sho!

That last week of their season couldn't have possibly gone worse. Here they were set to give Brees a huge new deal or franchise him again, and then trade unknown Rivers for a 1st rounder, but Brees ends up hurting himself badly, Rivers looks like shiite and untradeable, and Brees' injury potentially is so bad that the Chargers are forced to let him go and go with wholly unproved Rivers. And they were SO close.

I'd be very wary of this guy after this surgery.....I had surgery back in 2000 for a torn labrum, and at the time the doctor said thank god it wasn't on my throwing shoulder because thats a totally different ball of wax. I'm not saying he can't come back, but it'll be tough. My shoulder has never been the same again.

They're still playing Frerotte like a violin, and they have a h@rd on for Brees. Given the Dolphins history he will be the next player to take them to the superbowl. all quiet on the Ricky front.

The Chargers  painted themselves into an almost "Flutie-RJ corner" when they drafted Rivers while still holding the (up to then) disappointing Brees.  Rivers probably hurt himself most by his hold-out allowing Brees to "blossom" and giving the Chargers an improbable choice (to be resolved in the future)

618718[/snapback]

Stick this in the FWIW folder. Apparently the surgeon has supplied letters to NFL teams outlining the recovery. One report I heard mentioned that the doc said he may be able to throw come mini camp.

It doesn't seem that the stinkin' fish would be able to afford him, especially if the cap number doesn't go up.

If they want him, they'll figure out a way......... :doh: