How will Bills be capwise if there is no CBA deal?

In the long run it certainly will hurt the MFL product badly if the rich owners and the poor owners (that is to say poorer owners as even the poor guys are 100 millionaires rather than billionaires) and there is no new CBA how will that impact the Bills.

There will be a salary cap for the 2006 season at 94 million though 2007 will be uncapped.

I know that both NYJ and the Fins are way over even that number and will have to some fearsome cutting in a short period of time. NE I believe (though I have not checked so please correct me if I am wrong) is about even but will not be in much of shopping position and has had to cut Stalwarts like Vinateri even to get where they are.

With a cut of Moulds, the Bills on the other hand will be in shopping mode with a healthy, (though not league leading(. $10 mill under the cap.

At any rate I am not sure about the whole of the NFL (perhaps Clumpy or someone else can enlighten us) but I am wondering whether it may not heft up our chances of making the playoffs next year considerably if the cap is the lower one which comes with no deal.

Many thanks.

I think from our standpoint, the first thing is playoff implications of impact on teams within our division. The if we want to get wilder in our drerams there are implications for teams in our conference for wildcard opponents and going deep in the playoffs.

Finally implications for NFC teams and SB opponents (hah).

In the end, the better TEAM will win and you have to do well with whatever you got. Less talented teams who want it more win all the time so Marv needs to make good choices whatever cards he is dealt.

However, on the face of it, it appears that the implications of having a lower cap figure will be good for the Bills.

From this list (which by definition will change drastically based on who is cut) this strikes me as the implications:

1. Winning the division-

NYJ and MI are already immeminently beatable (and so are we), but the cap situations are very different and while these two teams will have to make drastic cuts merely to stay at the same level of talent, the Bills likely will have to cut Moulds but Evans is set to be our new #1 WR probably even if Moulds stays. I think we will have many opporttunities to buy a solid #2 WR to team with Evans and Parrish,

NE is in OK shape cap wise, but already the loss of dead certain Vinateri to get to this point wounds them far greater than any of the cuts the Bills were forced to make.

2. Getting a wildcard-

If it comes to this, a couple of potential opponents the SD Chargers and the Jags look well positioned cap wise. However, the other opponents who might be good should have weaker teams after cuts and the teams which have the cap room to shop are not strong teams.

We'll see.