The D-Line is going to be starting from scratch

Sam Adams cut.....and the following three guys UFA likely gone.....leaves Schobel, Kelsey and Anderson as the only regulars left behind. I know that some of these guys could be brought back, but I don't see a reason to.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

DT Justin Bannan; DE Ryan Denney; DT Ron Edwards; OT Greg Jerman; QB Shane Matthews; WR Josh Reed; LS Mike Schneck; FB Daimon Shelton; C Trey Teague; CB Kevin Thomas.

Sam Adams cut.....and the following three guys UFA likely gone.....leaves Schobel, Kelsey and Anderson as the only regulars left behind.  I know that some of these guys could be brought back, but I don't see a reason to.

617954[/snapback]

I like Denney and would like to see him back. If we're going to a 1-gap, penetrating defense, Edwards could actually do decent at that. If nothing else, he could be cheap depth.

I gotta think that is a good thing.  We have had no pass rush for years and were invisible against the run last year as well.

The defensive line needed a total overhaul.

Go Marv!

617979[/snapback]

um i disagree w/ the pass rush as the bills were 12 th in the league in sacks this past year, 3rd in 04, 9th in 03. we have had more of a pass rush than people recognize of course it helps when schobel is getting a third or a fourth of the sacks and Edwards got a lot in 04 as did kelsay(compared to last year).

um i disagree w/ the pass rush as the bills were 12 th in the league in sacks this past year, 3rd in 04, 9th in 03. we have had more of a pass rush than people recognize of course it helps when schobel is getting a third or a fourth of the sacks and Edwards got a lot in 04 as did kelsay(compared to last year).

618098[/snapback]

Sorry, dude, but that is a prime example of how stats fail to tell the true story. I don't care how many sacks this defense had, our biggest weakness for some time has been the inability of our front four to generate pressure on the QB (not to mention their inability to stop the run last year as well).

Denny could be good depth. Plays special teams well too. Pickett and a draft pick may be the solution.

618092[/snapback]

I agree with you, what I'd love to see is Denney re-signed, Pickett signed and a trade down to get another team's 1st and 2nd. With their 1st (assuming it's a pick 10-20) I'd take DT Broderick Bunkley.

618098[/snapback]

We blitzed a lot last year which helped our sack totals. I'm not sure that the front four could get a consistent pass rush on the other teams OL for most of the season.

I'd like to see Denney re-signed, but I think someone else gives him a better deal...

I've got a feeling that the only one of those 3 that comes back is Bannan. :lol:

617968[/snapback]

Why are you upset? I think Edwards was a bust. He did little and was never a starter of note; he kept losing his job to others and was relegated to backup. LOL! And I remember how this board wanted to run Denney outta town just 2 years ago.