Delay is now in real trouble, new subpeonas issued

Fire all of them, well most of them and clean house. I was listening to a Dem Congresman yesterday on a CSPAN radio. They were discussing lobbying. He had some good stuff to say, especially about the current legislative process. I'll see if I can find some linkage.

Fire all of them, well most of them and clean house. I was listening to a Dem Congresman yesterday on a CSPAN radio. They were discussing lobbying. He had some good stuff to say, especially about the current legislative process. I'll see if I can find some linkage.

617792[/snapback]

Cool P.S. here are the two Senate and House links to Lobbying Disclosure Reports on Capitol Hill, interesting to see how little info is actually filed and few registrants. So much for the last reform bill.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislati...obbyingdisc.htm

http://clerk.house.gov/pd/index.html

Cool P.S. here are the two Senate and House links to Lobbying Disclosure Reports on Capitol Hill, interesting to see how little info is actually filed and few registrants.  So much for the last reform bill.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislati...obbyingdisc.htm

http://clerk.house.gov/pd/index.html

617793[/snapback]

And you have to wonder why there's 3/4 of paper coverage on Delay/Abramoff, etc, and nary a mention of the seemingly doomed lobbying reform...

Lobby Reform Hearings

One has to more or less sift through. No transcripts. But some very interesting discussion. It's not "American Idol", but maybe can be digested in small doses.

617797[/snapback]

You should be able to get hearing transcripts through the library of Congress, let me see if I can find a link...use this one, it is very helpful for all bills and congressional record research:

http://thomas.loc.gov/

You should be able to get hearing transcripts through the library of Congress, let me see if I can find a link...use this one, it is very helpful for all bills and congressional record research:

http://thomas.loc.gov/

617812[/snapback]

Thanks. I'll add this to my "policy" favorites. I don't have any folders labeled "Lost" or "American Idol" because I'm a lame old stick in the mud that doesn't understand fun.

Thanks. I'll add this to my "policy" favorites. I don't have any folders labeled "Lost" or "American Idol" because I'm a lame old stick in the mud that doesn't understand fun.

617838[/snapback]

Compared to me, you're a party animal. :doh: While the wife's upstairs watching a movie, I'm down here reading the official Army "OIF lessons learned" book. And I call that "fun". :)

Needs more acronyms, though. The authors accidentally use actual words in some places.

Compared to me, you're a party animal.  :doh:  While the wife's upstairs watching a movie, I'm down here reading the official Army "OIF lessons learned" book.  And I call that "fun".  :)

Needs more acronyms, though.  The authors accidentally use actual words in some places.

617844[/snapback]

Funny, LOL, don't know how to respond...chuckle, chuckle

Funny, LOL, don't know how to respond...chuckle, chuckle

617853[/snapback]

I forget...was it you who said you didn't trust the military to criticly look at their own performance?

Whoever it was should read this book. Yes, it's chock-full of lots of "Hoo-ah, we're the Army!" ass-patting...but the book in no way shrinks from pointing out flaws or ineffeciencies or outright !@#$-ups. It just happens to do it in an oppressively optimistic "Hoo-ah, we're the Army, we can do better than this!" manner. :)

I forget...was it you who said you didn't trust the military to criticly look at their own performance?

Whoever it was should read this book.  Yes, it's chock-full of lots of "Hoo-ah, we're the Army!" ass-patting...but the book in no way shrinks from pointing out flaws or ineffeciencies or outright !@#$-ups.  It just happens to do it in an oppressively optimistic "Hoo-ah, we're the Army, we can do better than this!" manner.   :)

617867[/snapback]

Being the !@#$ stick in the mud I am, you should read the DOD AA for Katrina. I'm surprised they don't walk down the street flogging themselves. And as far as I know, things would have been incredibly much more miserable there had they not jumped in.

Whoever it was should read this book.  Yes, it's chock-full of lots of "Hoo-ah, we're the Army!" ass-patting...but the book in no way shrinks from pointing out flaws or ineffeciencies or outright !@#$-ups.  It just happens to do it in an oppressively optimistic "Hoo-ah, we're the Army, we can do better than this!" manner.  :)

617867[/snapback]

Not sure that I put it in those terms, I was criticizing them for waste fraud and abuse, think it was Ken, not sure, how bout you Bib?

Not sure that I put it in those terms, I was criticizing them for waste fraud and abuse, think it was Ken, not sure, how bout you Bib?

617887[/snapback]

No, I think it was you. If it wasn't you it was Mickey. He's easy to blame. But without looking it up, I don't think it was either one of you.

OK, I'll say you. PPP media is way past that one, so that makes me right until proven different.

No, I think it was you. If it wasn't you it was Mickey. He's easy to blame. But without looking it up, I don't think it was either one of you.

OK, I'll say you. PPP media is way past that one, so that makes me right until proven different.

617912[/snapback]

Glad you solved that issue. P.S. Sabres beat Toronto 6-2!

Glad you solved that issue.  P.S. Sabres beat Toronto 6-2!

617914[/snapback]

I also own peanut base in Georgia. I either pay a bill or cash checks each year. Makes me a whore, I guess. I'll also say, if you have never had fresh boiled peanuts steamed in good beer with a little salt, you haven't had peanuts.

I also own peanut base in Georgia. I either pay a bill or cash checks each year. Makes me a whore, I guess. I'll also say, if you have never had fresh boiled peanuts steamed in good beer with a little salt, you haven't had peanuts.

617922[/snapback]

Now there is a retirement plan, if only it was tobacco. P.S. now that I am in the Ct river valley, I get to see the best cigar wrapper tobacco in the world grown, once in a while I will smoke an Ashton...Dominican with a Ct wrapper, smooth modero cigar.

Now there is a retirement plan, if only it was tobacco.  P.S. now that I am in the Ct river valley, I get to see the best cigar wrapper tobacco in the world grown, once in a while I will smoke an Ashton...Dominican with a Ct wrapper, smooth modero cigar.

618039[/snapback]

There's more than a few cigar places I know of. But let's jerk our meat.