OK, it's probably been talked about...

From what I've seen around the net, it looks like they may be ready to move Preston over to start at centre. But I think this board will become a war zone if the bills don't go out and spend every drop of free cash the team has to get Bentley, cause he will become our new saviour

We need a center. Sure, Bentley would be killer, but a center IS needed. Preston is not the answer. The guy gets thrown out of the way too easily. I hope we get a truely stout guy who can move some as well. Duke ain't that guy.

From what I've seen around the net, it looks like they may be ready to move Preston over to start at centre. But I think this board will become a war zone if the bills don't go out and spend every drop of free cash the team has to get Bentley, cause he will become our new saviour

617335[/snapback]

I don't buy Preston being "named" the starter for a second. No way we can get Bentley, forget it. But there's a couple three really solid centers out there worth looking at. Not pro-bowlers, but good and probably salary friendly. Just kind of curious as to who they might have their eye on. Yeah, we need everything, but the center is called a center for a reason.

We shall never speak of Teague again. Thank God.

Nick Mangold is the kid from Ohio State, i believe he is the top prospect in the draft....and it is a dice roll that he might be there in the second round.

617339[/snapback]

Have you seen Eslinger from MN. I've watched him a few times and he was real good. I havn't seen too many centers that can pull like he can. He is a little small but good...

Eslinger

We shall never speak of Teague again. Thank God.

617344[/snapback]

Except to write, _______ > Teague.

If nothing happens in FA, then a trade down to the late-1st might net someone, and barring that, who knows about Preston. He had serious liabilities on both sides when he was at RG.

The centre is called the centre for a reason

Cause he is situated in the centre of the offensive line

Why is it so unbelievable that Duke is going to start at centre this year and we will be looking to get someone else. He was drafted last year to play, Everyone thinks there is no way the bills would take vernon davis cause we drafted Everett last year.

(BTW I'm not for or against getting a new centre but just wanted to point out how people think there is now way we would even think of drafting Davis, who I think sounds like a good choice but would not complain if we chose someone else)

could we start something new ? have holcomb be the center snap the ball to JP then , Jp throw the ball back to holcomb , then holcomb throw the ball to EM , then EM throws the ball back to JP and he throws a TD to LE . ?????

The centre is called the centre for a reason

Cause he is situated in the centre of the offensive line

Why is it so unbelievable that Duke is going to start at centre this year and we will be looking to get someone else. He was drafted last year to play, Everyone thinks there is no way the bills would take vernon davis cause we drafted Everett last year.

(BTW I'm not for or against getting a new centre but just wanted to point out how people think there is now way we would even think of drafting Davis, who I think sounds like a good choice but would not complain if we chose someone else)

617357[/snapback]

I'm all for drafting Davis.

And UCONN answered for me. The center has to make a lot of calls, and Preston looked simply befuddled many a time. When rebuilding an OLine would it not be a plus to have a somewhat veteran center? In Duke's defense he sure didn't have much to learn from watching Teague.