OK, want to bitch about stuff done wrong?

Denied VISA

I know more than a couple posters here who have moved heaven and earth to adopt children from overseas. This situation is just plain sad.

The guy writing the refusal letter probably kicks puppies for exercise.

617142[/snapback]

That is sad.

I guess 6 yr. old heart patients are considerable flight risks. :doh:

What are you talking about?

International adoption is one of the simplest, quickest and pain free processes that you would ever deal with in your life. These critics need to take a pill. It's the kid's fault for being born in Cambodia in the first place.

Yet a former talking head of the Taliban can go to Yale.  :)

617424[/snapback]

No kidding, they need to get a Congresscritter on the Approps Committee to remove funding for that idiot's bureaucrats specific position or transfer with a reduction in pay and grade that particular position to the middle of North Dakota, say Minot.

Looks like they've changed their mind about the vias and are going to let this kid come get medical treatment - amazing what happens when you shed light on this via the spotlight of a nationally sydicated AP story that gets picked up by Forbes magazine, huh?

Uh, OK, here's a visa - man do we look stupid!

621346[/snapback]

Whatever it takes. This is an instance where media can actually do good.

Whatever it takes. This is an instance where media can actually do good.

622090[/snapback]

I agree. It will be interesting to research what all the hoops you have to jump through are when my wife and I start our research into inter-country adoptions and in country adoptions in the coming year.

I agree.  It will be interesting to research what all the hoops you have to jump through are when my wife and I start  our research into inter-country adoptions and in country adoptions in the coming year.

622131[/snapback]

I may be talking out of school here, but there are some fellow posters that have been there, done that. Perhaps some will read this and contact you.

I may be talking out of school here, but there are some fellow posters that have been there, done that. Perhaps some will read this and contact you.

622144[/snapback]

That would be cool. My buddy in Norway and his wife are in Columbia right now finalizing the adoption of their little girl (18 months). She's a cutie.