The Yankee's " Pedro's Daddy

millbank

What can I say -- just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy," Martinez said. "I can't find a way to beat them at this point. ... They're that good. They're that hot right now -- at least against me. I wish they would disappear and not come back."

My goodness the real baseball season is just about tho begin and much is to happen but statements like that from your top pitcher ................,

Yankee's

What can I say -- just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy," Martinez said. "I can't find a way to beat them at this point. ... They're that good. They're that hot right now -- at least against me. I wish they would disappear and not come back."

My goodness the real baseball season is just about tho begin and much is to happen but  statements like that from your top pitcher ................,

Yankee's

45217[/snapback]

<_<:):)

Pedro is always very candid when he speaks to the media. He doesn't really care to sugarcoat his feelings or politicize them to protect his image.

This is the same guy who came into the playoffs against Cleveland and pitched six no hit innings the week after he injured his rotator cuff. He'll be fine mentally - physically I wish he had a couple more miles on his fastball so he could challenge more hitters.

My goodness the real baseball season is just about tho begin and much is to happen but  statements like that from your top pitcher ................,

Yankee's

45217[/snapback]

Guest bills are the new nfl siberia

ya they do pretty good against this watered down pedro- but before his injury(in 2001 a torn pitching shoulder) when he was throwing 95-98 mph the yanks were dominated by him(easily to).the guy that has been throwing 88-91 the majority of the time since his injury is the guy the yanks have a easy time with. old pedro they couldnt touch. they just beat up on the waterded down version of pedro.

ya they do pretty good against this watered down pedro- but before his injury(in 2001 a torn pitching shoulder) when he was throwing 95-98 mph the yanks were dominated by him(easily to).the guy that has been throwing 88-91 the majority of the time since his injury is the guy the yanks have a easy time with. old pedro they couldnt touch. they just beat up on the waterded down version of pedro.

45303[/snapback]

That sure explains all those championships the Red Sox have won...

Alaska your a !@#$ing moron!! Forget the past and remember this year and this year only!! Parade around saying your in 1st place for now i can live with that! But jesus christ stop bringing up past events that you prob were never apart of anyway(Spankee Championships)

Alaska your a !@#$ing moron!! Forget the past and remember this year and this year only!! Parade around saying your in 1st place for now i can live with that! But jesus christ stop bringing up past events that you prob were never apart of anyway(Spankee Championships)

45332[/snapback]

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pedro was being sarcastic and used the f bomb on the "daddy" comment.

Bring on the playoffs. The Yankees aren't goingfar. Write it down.

45320[/snapback]

I listened to him making comments , credit to him to some degree he said it with some humor and self effacing humility. In the end its the games in October that will count and the ones laughing then laugh best. As said before dont prod the bear.......