13 Straight Division Championships....

gantrules

As a Mets fan, nothing warmed my heart more than seeing Armando Benitez cough up the lead in the 8th.  All his saves against the Mets, Expos, Brewers, etc. in June mean bubkus if you can't shut 'em down when it means the most.  I was so sick of hearing "oh, see, it was just New York that made poor Armando spit the bit....those awful, awful fans."  Puh-lease.  See, once the calendar turns to September, Armando turns back into a pumpkin....whether it's in Baltimore, NY, or Miami.

Some things never change.

I'm actually happy for the Braves.  As much as I hate Chipper, I have nothing but admiration for Bobby Cox, Leo Mazone, and John Smoltz.  What an impressive era of baseball.

45274[/snapback]

Although Leo's rocking can drive you crazy sometimes. Not a bad batting coach either.

I don't blame you Darin.  I wouldn't want to see the best team in baseball opposite from me in October either.........

45365[/snapback]

Dude I don't care who we play in the World Series. If we're there, we have a chance to win. Everytime someone from the NL says "I hope we get to play the Yankees", I'm going to say "me too."

LaRussa has taken 3 dominating teams into the World Series. He went 1-2. The two years he lost the N.L had home field advantage. 17 of the last 20 or so champions have had homefield advantage.

Granted, the Reds didn't belong on the field with Oakland in 1990 but that's sports.

LaRussa is 7-8 in postseason series which isn't great but hardly a loser.....since only one team wins every year.

LaRussa has taken 3 dominating teams into the World Series.  He went 1-2.  The two years he lost the N.L had home field advantage.  17 of the last 20 or so champions have had homefield advantage.

Granted, the Reds didn't belong on the field with Oakland in 1990 but that's sports.

LaRussa is 7-8 in postseason series which isn't great but hardly a loser.....since only one team wins every year.

45465[/snapback]

He has regularly lost to significantly less talented rosters. Pretty much every season he took Oakland to the playoffs, he had the best team in the AL on paper - especially the pitching staff.

Your arguments are nothing more than a copout. Control freak has regularly been outmanaged by his opponents in the post season.

LaRussa has managed the following teams to the postseason.

1983 - Chicago White Sox (lost to Baltimore who won the WS in 5 games) Baltimore was a better team.

1988- Oakland A's (lost to LA in World Series although they were much better then LA on paper)

1989- Oakland A's (Won World Series)

1990- Oakland A's (Lost World Series to Cincy, again they were a much better team on paper)

1992- Oakland A's (Lost ALCS to Toronto who went on to win back to back titles, they were better then Oakland)

1996 - St. Louis Cardinals (Lost NLCS to defending World Champion Braves in 7 games, Atlanta was a much better team.)

2000- St. Louis Cardinals Lost NLCS to NY Mets (This one was a toss up, teams were pretty even)

2001- St. Louis Cardinals (Lost NLDS to Arizona. Arizona had Schilling and Johnson and went on to beat the Yankees in the World Series.)

2002- St. Louis Cardinals (Lost NLCS to the Giants, again a tossup.)

That is his playoff history. All in all he has NOT had the best team most of the time........his Oakland teams were his only 3 powerhouse teams.

Cop out my butt.

LaRussa has managed the following teams to the postseason.

1983 - Chicago White Sox (lost to Baltimore who won the WS in 5 games)  Baltimore was a better team.

1988- Oakland A's (lost to LA in World Series although they were much better then LA on paper)

1989- Oakland A's (Won World Series)

1990- Oakland A's (Lost World Series to Cincy, again they were a much better team on paper)

1992- Oakland A's (Lost ALCS to Toronto who went on to win back to back titles, they were better then Oakland)

1996 - St. Louis Cardinals (Lost NLCS to defending World Champion Braves in 7 games, Atlanta was a much better team.)

2000- St. Louis Cardinals Lost NLCS to NY Mets (This one was a toss up, teams were pretty even)

2001- St. Louis Cardinals (Lost NLDS to Arizona.  Arizona had Schilling and Johnson and went on to beat the Yankees in the World Series.)

2002- St. Louis Cardinals (Lost NLCS to the Giants, again a tossup.)

That is his playoff history.  All in all he has NOT had the best team most of the time........his Oakland teams were his only 3 powerhouse teams.

Cop out my butt.

45499[/snapback]

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And a year ago, you swore off your allegiances to the Cardinals until they fired LaRussa because he sucked so much and had no idea what he was doing. If they choke in the playoffs, you'll be singing the same tune.

BF...if the Cards win it all, gloat all you want and have as much fun as you want. But you clearly have set yourself up to be ridiculed on this board if they lose at any point in the playoffs. I hope you are prepared for that.

Did I state that I thought Tony LaRussa was the best manager ever???? No..........what I showed was that his teams weren't always as dominate as Darin was trying to claim they were.

I never said I wouldn't watch Cardinals baseball with him as manager.........that's a flat out LIE.

If we lose in the playoffs we lose, we have had a great season........the Bills were the best team int he NFL in 1990 and we didn't win it all, so I know that anything can happen.

Just let me enjoy the fact that we have 102 wins and the best record in baseball over the course of the whole season. Can you do that?