Red Sox fans please explain

Thailog80

It's great to hear a fellow Red Sox fan say that Buffalo Bob. <_< Far too many of us try to stubbornly insist the Yankees inhale large amounts of air when it's so untrue. A tip of the cap indeed.

For what it's worth, I think that the Yankees have a ton of guys any baseball fan should respect for how they play and carry thesmselves - Rivera, Jeter, Bernie, Matsui, Torre, Tom Gordon, etc. And while Sheffield may have been a punk in his youth, he's having a wonderfully gutty season this year with all the clutch RBI's despite being banged up.

Mr. Olivier,

If you equate giving a team, even a hated rival, their props when they just plain played well, then I'm afraid I can't really explain myself to you in a way that you can understand.  I despise all things Yankee, that doesn't mean that I can't recognize it when they played better than my beloved Sox.

The reality is, Pedro made some really good pitches in the 8th, and Matsui and Sierra just went down (in the case of Matsui) and out in the case of Sierra and got those pitches out of utter will.  As individual performances go, I cannot ignore that just because they play for a team I hate.  Same with that pitch Matsui hit off of Timlin.  Keyrist the thing nearly skimmed the surface of the plate, and he barely made a half swing and the thing carried to the base of the wall.

Sorry dude, but that is just some damn good hitting.

45338[/snapback]

Should have taken him out after the 7th, Red Sox Fans get pissed off seeing the same dumb play over and over again.

sort of like seeing the music city miracle happen again in a game....

45155[/snapback]

Hey... Watch it!

The MCM was a fluke! Happened in the "heat of battle."

Now... Buckner's glove coming down and Grady's call?, I think are more self-inflicted... Those acts really didn't take much skill to commit.

<_<

Mr. Olivier,

If you equate giving a team, even a hated rival, their props when they just plain played well, then I'm afraid I can't really explain myself to you in a way that you can understand.  I despise all things Yankee, that doesn't mean that I can't recognize it when they played better than my beloved Sox.

The reality is, Pedro made some really good pitches in the 8th, and Matsui and Sierra just went down (in the case of Matsui) and out in the case of Sierra and got those pitches out of utter will.  As individual performances go, I cannot ignore that just because they play for a team I hate.  Same with that pitch Matsui hit off of Timlin.  Keyrist the thing nearly skimmed the surface of the plate, and he barely made a half swing and the thing carried to the base of the wall.

Sorry dude, but that is just some damn good hitting.

45338[/snapback]

He Bob my post was not supposed to be serious!! And please don't start your post by Mr Olivier, it makes me feel like i'm 50!!! :flirt:

He Bob my post was not supposed to be serious!! And please don't start your post by Mr Olivier,  it makes me feel like i'm 50!!! :D

45655[/snapback]

OK, how' bout Sir Larry? :D

Sorry if I did not get the humor in your post. It is VERY difficult to pick up subtle humor and sarcasm from a computer screen. I always try to put the HTML tags of [humor] [/humor] or [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] around the words to signal the intended spin. Unless of course you are like Hogboy and you are trying to get a rise out of people just for the fun of it! :flirt: