Wow! 200 Players could be released today???

Kinda running out of time today for those 200 players to get cut, tho.

616350[/snapback]

Not too bad, they still have until 10pm and a lot of teams will be spending the afternoon making the tough decisions and announcing it tonight.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad, they still have until 10pm and a lot of teams will be spending the afternoon making the tough decisions and announcing it tonight.

616501[/snapback]

How bout this, just reaad on ESPN that one "expert" who has studies the Skins situation believes it is mathematically impossible for them to get into compliance with the $94M cap. Wonder what happens then, they can't play next year? interesting

How bout this, just reaad on ESPN that one "expert" who has studies the Skins situation believes it is mathematically impossible for them to get into compliance with the $94M cap. Wonder what happens then, they can't play next year? interesting

616505[/snapback]

Then Gene Hackman becomes coach.

616505[/snapback]

Maybe they're fined a million dollars a day... until next year!

Maybe they're fined a million dollars a day... until next year!

616511[/snapback]

But I am really stumped by this, could they really have that much dead money that they cannot cut players and still have 53 active guys? I know 51 for cap purposes, but that is unbelievable. Danny musta gambled that no way would there not an extension. I mean, really, what wil happen if they can not, in any way,shape, or form get under.

Anybody got an answer?

616505[/snapback]

Well, if they're over the cap...generally the punishment for salary cap violations is taking away draft picks (See, Denver Broncos).

616505[/snapback]

;) That is great, since Snyder is one of the greedy bastards that won't support revenue sharing which in turn is holding up the extension of the CBA. It is blowing up in his face.

;)  That is great, since Snyder is one of the greedy bastards that won't support  revenue sharing which in turn is holding up the extension of the CBA. It is blowing up in his face.

616527[/snapback]

I dont think he'll be complaining much when he can buy himself a championship in 2007 with no cap.

I dont think he'll be complaining much when he can buy himself a championship in 2007 with no cap.

616531[/snapback]

He won't be able to do that until at least 2008 - assuming that a new CBA is approved, without a salary cap, allowing the games to be played.

JDG

Exactly. Redskins get killed now but when there is no salary cap, watch them have a payroll in the $300 million dollar or more range. Snyder will go totally insane trying to buy a championship. The NFL is dead.

I wouldnt neccesarily agree that they would be able to buy a championship team. Afterall, even during the past capped years, he still managed to pay ridiculous amounts of money to FA's and what did that get them?

True, he can buy more marquee names in an uncapped year, but I firmly believe that it will always take a great TEAM to win, and not necessarily a team of great players.

I wouldnt neccesarily agree that they would be able to buy a championship team. Afterall, even during the past capped years, he still managed to pay ridiculous amounts of money to FA's and what did that get them?

True, he can buy more marquee names in an uncapped year, but I firmly believe that it will always take a great TEAM to win, and not necessarily a team of great players.

616640[/snapback]

The issue isn't weather they can buy a championship. The issue is that they can afford to outbid a team like the Bills for any player. Thus you create a league of rich teams and poor teams, with the poor teams having virtually no shot at a championship.

Exactly. Redskins get killed now but when there is no salary cap, watch them have a payroll in the $300 million dollar or more range. Snyder will go totally insane trying to buy a championship. The NFL is dead.

616610[/snapback]

He wont go nuts because he has the money to do it.

One year, he can take the best players on the market. Sign them to one year 7 million with a 2 million dollar bonus.

He can go out and grab 10-14 players for one year and it will only cost him 100 mil. Thats pocket change for him.

The worst thing the NFL ever done is let the likes of him to own a team. The guy is a sneaky bastard....

I just cant figure this though, when you have millions or billions, how much more money do you need? Buy your dreams and you have nothing to live for but more greed.