The NFL makes its own rules, right?

This may be naive, but it made up its own CBA contract years ago, too. Why can't they just agree to rip up this contract and sign a new one that excludes the clause "there will be an uncapped year in 2007"? I don't think either side wants that (although perhaps the players do even though it will screw a ton of them over). And then have a full year to hammer out a new one? They self-imposed this deadline.

I saw Upshaw on TV saying if a deal isnt done by the deadline the NFLPA will never agree to a salary cap ever again........

So its looking like the NFL will be uncapped forever....

No Cap....

Gaurenteed contracts....

get ready for Major League Baseball...i mean Football

I saw Upshaw on TV saying if a deal isnt done by the deadline the NFLPA will never agree to a salary cap ever again........

No Cap....

Gaurenteed contracts....

614820[/snapback]

Professional curling!!!! :D

Professional curling!!!! :D

614849[/snapback]

Hmmm. There is professional curling in Canada, and it has also had bitter labor issues (believe it or not). A new professional league was started and teams that bolted were not allowed to play in the National Championships. It was a big stink for several years but thankfully it has been resolved. :P

There was also problems with the television contracts, with our government owned broadcaster purchasing the rights away from our "ESPN" and doing a piss poor job. It's also been resolved.

Sorry for the abolutely useless info, it must be trivia day in my brain today :huh: .

No Cap....

Gaurenteed contracts....

614820[/snapback]

If thats the case.. I might just be done watching football.

Good thing hockey has (mostly) fixed itself.