Should the Bills keep Eric Moulds for 2006?

Like A Mofo

Should the Bills retain Eric Moulds for 2006?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills retain Eric Moulds for 2006?

• Yes
    • No

I just dont think EM is as "done" as people claim he is. A crappy line and a Rookie QB surely didnt help him any. Yes he has a big cap number and Im hoping to see that reduced. I just can't believe all the venom here for EM. Do we know what happened in Miami? I don't. All I know is RW for the most part backed Eric. That spoke volumes to me. How many crappy seasons did he endure here? A lot......very rarely did you hear squat of of him....maybe a few instances out of frustration. All I know is EM is and will always be a Bill to me.

lee evans is our#1 receiver now i am sure alot of fans will miss eric but the 5.5 million we get from cutting him will equal a joe jurevicious for like 3 million and 2.5 million left over to fill a hole some place else on the team....go bills in'06

lee evans is our#1 receiver now  i am sure alot of fans will miss eric but the 5.5 million we get from cutting him will equal a joe jurevicious for like 3 million and 2.5 million left over to fill a hole some place else on the team....go bills in'06

613930[/snapback]

JJ isn't leaving Seattle.

I just dont think EM is as "done" as people claim he is. A crappy line and a Rookie QB surely didnt help him any. Yes he has a big cap number and Im hoping to see that reduced. I just can't believe all the venom here for EM. Do we know what happened in Miami? I don't. All I know is RW for the most part backed Eric. That spoke volumes to me. How many crappy seasons did he endure here? A lot......very rarely did you hear squat of of him....maybe a few instances out of frustration. All I know is EM is and will always be a Bill to me.

613921[/snapback]

T, unfortunately its always about what have you done or said for me lately...and thats all people remember so now EM is trash...remember its ALL about the YPC and nothing else.. :lol:

lee evans is our#1 receiver now  i am sure alot of fans will miss eric but the 5.5 million we get from cutting him will equal a joe jurevicious for like 3 million and 2.5 million left over to fill a hole some place else on the team....go bills in'06

613930[/snapback]

I agree with you about cutting Moulds because he's not worth that kind of money but Lee Evans isn't a #1 receiver. :lol:

Isn't JJ older than Moulds? yet moulds is too old

Dumb move by the Bills letting him go, its just creating another hole for the bills to go out and try to fill.

614144[/snapback]

I agree, 'ski - especially based on the "marginal cap hit" explanation from one of the other threads (there are soo many, I'm getting 'em mixed up). If the marginal cap hit holds true, then we only save $5.5M (Mould's 'cap savings') minus the 'cap hit' of his replacement (let's say $2.5M-$3M?) - so the cap savings is only $2.5M-$3M.

Plus ya gotta try and find someone as good as Moulds and, for the minimal savings, I just don't think it makes sense to part w/EM.

My yes vote relates entirely to the fact that we will be weak at the position should he and Reed move on.

614008[/snapback]

Me too! I am not sure that letting him go, as debatable as his decline in play might be, will not severly cripple the offense. I am also not convinced that a rookie, or any of the other available free agents, that I know of, will be a better option. Still, if there was a better, younger option, that could be had for less, I won't be heartbroken to see Moulds go.

This could be the "Pat Williams" move of 2006. Williams may not have been worth what he thought he was, but he was far more valuable to the team, on the field, than the Bills gauged. Williams departure played a significant part in the decline of the defense. It wasn't so much losing Williams, as not adequately replacing him.

Of course, one could argue, the 2005 Bills set franchise records for offensive futility with Moulds, so losing him may not be that big a deal...