Throw Bush to the rabid flesh-eating liberals

ASCI

As I recall, with the exception of 9/11 and the immediate afterward, they were all over him.

I hasten to add, though, that the press goes after everyone.  The press went after Clinton with wild abandon, too.  They'll no doubt go after Bush's successor.  It has nothing to do with liberalism (and the press is generally liberal, I beleive), but ratings.

I fail to see how those are mutually exclusive, frankly.

615462[/snapback]

I thought they were pretty awol in the run up to the war. Didn't the NYT even apologize for their crappy coverage of the WMD issue? They have had their moments of sycophancy. Since Katrina they have been pretty feisty.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referring here to the original poster, you've got the courts, the executive branch, the congress, control of the entire bureaucracy of this nation, and you still look to blame liberals or the left or whatever bogeyman for the fact that things aren't going swimmingly. How's about the people who seem to have all the power do something with it and start solving problems? It's unfortunate that that's impossible because the task of remaining in power seems to be job one.

Referring here to the original poster, you've got the courts, the executive branch, the congress, control of the entire bureaucracy of this nation, and you still look to blame liberals or the left or whatever bogeyman for the fact that things aren't going swimmingly.  How's about the people who seem to have all the power do something with it and start solving problems?  It's unfortunate that that's impossible because the task of remaining in power seems to be job one.

616570[/snapback]

Haven't you heard, RtDB? "Media" is the new "liberal" is the new "commie."

Referring here to the original poster, you've got the courts, the executive branch, the congress, control of the entire bureaucracy of this nation, and you still look to blame liberals or the left or whatever bogeyman for the fact that things aren't going swimmingly.  How's about the people who seem to have all the power do something with it and start solving problems?  It's unfortunate that that's impossible because the task of remaining in power seems to be job one.

616570[/snapback]

I'm not sure how they are going to manage it but at some point they are going to blame liberals for the Iraq disaster assuming it doesn't turn around soon. I already saw a thing on Fox they entitled "Civil War in Iraq, made up by the media?" We have 49% of the vote, 3% of the power and 100% of the blame. Honestly, I don't know where we find the time.

Haven't you heard, RtDB?  "Media" is the new "liberal" is the new "commie."

616604[/snapback]

I am told that you are an example of a good little liberal while I am a baaaad liberal. So I am reading your posts closely hoping some of the goodness rubs off. It is probably too late for me but maybe others can learn from my wickedness. :lol:;) I guess that makes you Joe Lieberman and me Ted Kennedy. :lol:

I'm not sure how they are going to manage it but at some point they are going to blame liberals for the Iraq disaster assuming it doesn't turn around soon.  I already saw a thing on Fox they entitled "Civil War in Iraq, made up by the media?"  We have 49% of the vote, 3% of the power and 100% of the blame.  Honestly, I don't know where we find the time.

616718[/snapback]

I stole BiB's weather machine and used taxpayer dollars to build a time machine. The combination has been marvelous. If we make it look like we have 3% power, we can control everything! ;)

I am told that you are an example of a good little liberal while I am a baaaad liberal.  So I am reading your posts closely hoping some of the goodness rubs off.  It is probably too late for me but maybe others can learn from my wickedness. :lol:  ;)  I guess that makes you Joe Lieberman and me Ted Kennedy. :lol:

616736[/snapback]

If Joe Lieberman is a liberal, than I'm Karl Rove. :lol:

I don't know about the "good liberal" lable, Mick. I think they just tolerate me more because I post a lot less than you do. I'm often too angry to type. :lol:

I stole BiB's weather machine and used taxpayer dollars to build a time machine.  The combination has been marvelous.  If we make it look like we have 3% power, we can control everything! ;)

616771[/snapback]

Here's to 4% at the mid-term elections! At 4%, we're almost at Cheney's job approval numbers.

I stole BiB's weather machine and used taxpayer dollars to build a time machine.  The combination has been marvelous.  If we make it look like we have 3% power, we can control everything! ;)

616771[/snapback]

I've never had a weather machine. This is a great example of how this dumb sh-- gets started.

I used to have a good line on a state of the art death ray, but some idiot left it in his trunk when he sold the car.

Haven't you heard, RtDB?  "Media" is the new "liberal" is the new "commie."

616604[/snapback]

Funny, that. To me the "media" as we know it is the result of the "free market" creating a monster. An unfettered, capital-hungry, vertically integrated, seamlessly designed, all-consuming, monolithic monster that's quite destructive of any local or independent thought or presence. Hence, Frankenstein.

But I think the real problem has to do with these darned liberals.

Funny, that.  To me the "media" as we know it is the result of the "free market" creating a monster.  An unfettered, capital-hungry, vertically integrated, seamlessly designed, all-consuming, monolithic monster that's quite destructive of any local or independent thought or presence.  Hence, Frankenstein.

But I think the real problem has to do with these darned liberals.

616949[/snapback]

Quiet down in here. CNN's on.

Again I say:

If Bush is such an idiot, how did the Democrats manage to lose TWICE to him AND in the process lose seats in both houses of Congress? Methinks there are bigger idiots in this country than Bush. Mealsothinks those idiots make up the leadership of the Democratic party.

Again I say:

If Bush is such an idiot, how did the Democrats manage to lose TWICE to him AND in the process lose seats in both houses of Congress? Methinks there are bigger idiots in this country than Bush. Mealsothinks those idiots make up the leadership of the Democratic party.

617118[/snapback]

Granted. The Democrats best brains could not win an election.

Now Mealsothinks, if you read it with the accent wrong like I did sounds like a German breakfast cereal with lots of fiber.