My political challenge to all of you

Adam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this post this morning and couldn't immediately think of anything I liked about George. This kind of bothered me so I occasionally thought about it throughout the day and to my chagrin I still couldn't come up with anything. As much as Bill Clinton made my skin crawl, lil' George makes it jump up and run screaming from the room.

I have no respect for his wisdom (or lack thereof)

I have no respect for his courage (or lack thereof)

I have no respect for his insight (or lack thereof)

I have no respect for his character (or lack thereof)

I have no respect for his strength (or lack thereof)

I have no respect for his ability to lead (or lack thereof)

I have no respect for his integrity (or lack thereof)

But I think I might have one now. While it's been ridiculed and futile, I like the fact that he's been willing to at least discuss re-energizing the space program. Of course, if it was just a silly ruse designed to deflect attention from the possibility that he's been the most embarrasing representative of the United States in my lifetime, then I guess I'm back to zero.

I have put several years into trying to clean this place up...to no avail. You try to have reasonable discussion, but people like Mickey ruin it. My attitude is this: if you make no attempt at reasonable discussion, I make no attempt to protect your delicate feelings. I will show no respect to people who show no respect to the board. The ball is in the other people's court. You want to have a reasonable discussion, I am more than willing to engage (as evidenced by yesterday's posts and threads in the past). If all a poster wants to do is manipulate people for their own personal agendas or if they so no signs of any intelligent thought, then I show them no respect. It is very simple.

I have no problem with disagreement. There are several posters here to which I disagree (most, if not the entire, time). The difference between them and people like Mickey is that they have proven that they want reasonable discussion. People like Coli and KTFABD are examples. 99.999999% of the time I disagree with what they say, but I highly respect them and I try to show them the respect they deserve. I don't always agree with X. Benedict, but I highly respect his opinions. While I generally agree with CTM and BiB, there are times when I disagree. Again, I respect them and try to show them the respect they deserve. I am on the fence with others and generally hold back.

Again, show me and the board respect and serious attempts at reasonable discussions, and I will return in kind and push away people who try to ruin it. If you don't, then I have no trouble blasting you.

613964[/snapback]

Agree with your point Ken, took me a while to firgure it out though because the personal insults by some, and the discussion threads often invite flip, sarcastic answers. Hard to know if it is Chicken or Egg thing sometimes, but having been a partisan, I don't take flip critiques lightly and respond usually very harshly and just as inanely. That being said your guidance on this matter has been invaluable and made my enjoyment of the board increase. Though occasionally it would feel good to get the old bat out and start swinging. P.S. You should state this more often, and maybe issue some statements like children, I don't care who started it, you all go to your rooms till you can be nice. Carping chatter takes away from legitimate hyperboli. :D

If you are a conservative- give me something you don't like about President Bush.

If you are liberal- give me something you like about him.

And I don't mean snide, sarcastic remarks. I dont believe in absolutes, and I dont think a President is all good or bad- maybe just a viewpoint, but I look forward to some well thought out responses.

613416[/snapback]

I'll point out two things I don't like.

First, while I agree with most of his stances, I don't think he comes clean and explains the real reasons behind them. I think he has reasons that are real and then looks for reasons he can sell. That's dishonest. I'll list a second because I have to give him a pass on this one to a degree because every politician does it.

The policy oriented concern I have is with demographics based social programs. Our society is aging and social security, medicare, etc. are not going to get cheaper. He took a shot at helping social security but it was far from a complete overhaul. He has expanded medicare and sooner or later someone will have to pay the bill.