My political challenge to all of you

Adam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would imagine with a billion shovels. Unless they can find some good American entrenching tool company willing to give them a smokin' deal.

613780[/snapback]

The reason I ask is that if they are using entrenching tools, it is a military problem. If they attack us by digging a hole with shovels, we will need to form a civilian militia. You can't have the military dealing with shovels. They wouldn't know what to do.

So then does that mean you condone the use of needless personal attacks as a form of discussion on this board?

613721[/snapback]

So anyway, KRC, are you going to answer my question or does Karl's intervention on your behalf stand as your final answer? Remember you've already used up the "Call a Friend" option and this question is worth $0.25.

The reason I ask is that if they are using entrenching tools, it is a military problem. If they attack us by digging a hole with shovels, we will need to form a civilian militia. You can't have the military dealing with shovels. They wouldn't know what to do.

613790[/snapback]

How big is the hole? The Abbot and Costello defence strategy is to hit each one over the head when they pop out of the hole in single file.

Sometimes the old methods are best.

Halliburton Shovel Company? Its owned by the U.A.E though.

613784[/snapback]

We're lucky we're not the ones digging the friggin' hole. A billion shovels would have to be requisitioned by the government, which a subsidary of Halliburton would charge 1124.37 each (how do they come up with these figures?!), which the Army would later investigate, find that they overcharged, but then let them go under the what's now known as the EricIdle Syndrome. Then we'd have a billion illegal alien Latinos digging the hole, which would just as likely unearth in Peru as Peking. What a mess!

We're lucky we're not the ones digging the friggin' hole. A billion shovels would have to be requisitioned by the government, which a subsidary of Halliburton would charge 1124.37 each (how do they come up with these figures?!), which the Army would later investigate, find that they overcharged, but then let them go under the what's now known as the EricIdle Syndrome. Then we'd have a billion illegal alien Latinos digging the hole, which would just as likely unearth in Peru as Peking. What a mess!

613800[/snapback]

Geez. When you put it in perspective like that, it is a little bonechilling.

So anyway, KRC, are you going to answer my question or does Karl's intervention on your behalf stand as your final answer? Remember you've already used up the "Call a Friend" option and this question is worth $0.25.

613794[/snapback]

It's simple. I give the same respect to a poster as they give to the topic at hand. When they prove (or flat-out admit) that they have no desire to have reasonable discussion, I will vocally express my opinion in the way I see fit. If their delicate feelings are hurt, oh well. As you have seen in Mickey's response in this thread, he has no trouble lying. I have made it abundantly clear that I have no respect for the hypocritical, two-faced, manipulative liar that is the poster Mickey. He has been given more of a leash than anyone on this board and he has continually gotten worse. He is nothing more than a joke at this point.

I am sorry I didn't drop everything I was doing to respond instantly. I expect your response to this post immediately.

QUOTE(RI Bills Fan @ Feb 28 2006, 10:57 AM)

It's simple. I give the same respect to a poster as they give to the topic at hand. When they prove (or flat-out admit) that they have no desire to have reasonable discussion, I will vocally express my opinion in the way I see fit. If their delicate feelings are hurt, oh well. As you have seen in Mickey's response in this thread, he has no trouble lying. I have made it abundantly clear that I have no respect for the hypocritical, two-faced, manipulative liar that is the poster Mickey. He has been given more of a leash than anyone on this board and he has continually gotten worse. He is nothing more than a joke at this point.

I am sorry I didn't drop everything I was doing to respond instantly. I expect your response to this post immediately.

613812[/snapback]

tick....tick...tick....tick....tick....tick...

613812[/snapback]

It's been 5 minutes RI. Why haven't you responded yet?

If you are a conservative- give me something you don't like about President Bush.

If you are liberal- give me something you like about him.

And I don't mean snide, sarcastic remarks. I dont believe in absolutes, and I dont think a President is all good or bad- maybe just a viewpoint, but I look forward to some well thought out responses.

613416[/snapback]

Don't like Bush's policy with the Mexican Border, and think he could more aggressive in pushing for alternative energy

Back to topic.

I would consider myself more of a libertarian than a conservative or republican but do have a tendency to vote republican more often than not. That said, following are 3 of the things I do not like about GWB.

1. I do not like the fact that he has never vetoed a single bill.

2. I do not like the fact that he cannot express himself even remotely well when he has to "think on his feet". I think his administration has some good policies, but he loses a lot of support for them by his inability to explain them.

3. I do not like the fact that his disdain for the media is so great that he oftentimes doesn't respond when his policies are challenged, either by the dems or by the pundits. He should address the nation far more often than he does.

613812[/snapback]

So if I boil this response down to it's bare bones what you appear (to me) to be saying is that if you don't like another poster's argument on any given topic you feel free to respond with personal insults.

I guess that allows the rest of us to do the same, or am I reading your response wrong?

So if I boil this response down to it's bare bones what you appear (to me) to be saying is that if you don't like another poster's argument on any given topic you feel free to respond with personal insults.

I guess that allows the rest of us to do the same, or am I reading your response wrong?

613949[/snapback]

I have put several years into trying to clean this place up...to no avail. You try to have reasonable discussion, but people like Mickey ruin it. My attitude is this: if you make no attempt at reasonable discussion, I make no attempt to protect your delicate feelings. I will show no respect to people who show no respect to the board. The ball is in the other people's court. You want to have a reasonable discussion, I am more than willing to engage (as evidenced by yesterday's posts and threads in the past). If all a poster wants to do is manipulate people for their own personal agendas or if they so no signs of any intelligent thought, then I show them no respect. It is very simple.

I have no problem with disagreement. There are several posters here to which I disagree (most, if not the entire, time). The difference between them and people like Mickey is that they have proven that they want reasonable discussion. People like Coli and KTFABD are examples. 99.999999% of the time I disagree with what they say, but I highly respect them and I try to show them the respect they deserve. I don't always agree with X. Benedict, but I highly respect his opinions. While I generally agree with CTM and BiB, there are times when I disagree. Again, I respect them and try to show them the respect they deserve. I am on the fence with others and generally hold back.

Again, show me and the board respect and serious attempts at reasonable discussions, and I will return in kind and push away people who try to ruin it. If you don't, then I have no trouble blasting you.